2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: UK Only
Category: Software Development
Due to our growing client base we are currently looking for an experienced Symfony Developer to join our development team on a permanent basis, based at our Studio in Bedford or working remotely.
Here at Xigen we are an established and fast-growing eCommerce Agency based in Bedford, focusing the design, development and marketing of high-performance eCommerce sites. Working with a large number of clients from SMBs to multinational blue chips. There is a focused but informal atmosphere in the studio with around 40 team members who enjoy the companies diligent and helpful approach to client projects.
What will you be doing?
As the Symfony Developer will be dedicated to your craft and able to write code that you are proud of and will possess the ability to hit the ground running.
Within your Symfony Developer role, you will be a part of a full-stack development team that is responsible for all aspects of new and ongoing web development from the initial specification, through to developing, testing and launching. The team works with a passion for best design and coding practices and has a real desire to develop new bold ideas.
Some of the day to day duties of the Symfony Developer will include:
- Writing “clean”, well-designed code
- Producing detailed specifications
- Troubleshooting, testing and maintaining core product software and databases to ensure strong optimisation and functionality
- Contributing to all phases of the development lifecycle
- Following industry best practices
- Developing and deploying new features
What we're looking for?
As our SymfonyDeveloper, it is essential that you have:
- Proven software development experience in PHP and Symfony
- An understanding of object-oriented PHP programming, particularly MVC design pattern
- A good knowledge of relational databases, including optimisation, particularly MySQL
It would also be a benefit if our Symfony Developer had:
- Experience working with VueX
- Ecommerce platform experience
What about you?
- If you're a self-confessed Nerd, Geek or Techy – then you'll fit in jus right
- We look for gifted candidates that have a life interest for all things web and developing code
- Candidates must have the right to work in the UK
- Xigen is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation
What can Xigen offer you?
As well as a salary of between £28,000 to £30,000 per annum, we offer:
- 20 days holiday + public holidays and Christmas / New Year shutdown
- No desks phones for developers (leaving you free to do what you do best)
- 5 professional development days per year
- Quarterly company profit share bonus
- Dedicated 'chill out' room in the studio with a with sofa, big tv, ps4, VR, football table and shuffleboard
- Free hot & cold drinks, plenty of fresh fruit and cakes are all available, just help yourself
- Ride to work scheme
To discuss this role in more detail please feel free to call Jordan Aisbett on 07719 317 888, or if you like what you've read and would like to join one of the UK's fastest growing Digital Agencies, then hit apply and we'll be in touch!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: UK Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈