1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: North America
Category: Software Development
Postscript is redefining marketing for ecommerce companies. By introducing SMS as an entirely new channel for ecommerce stores to engage, retain, and convert their customer base, brands are seeing huge ROI with Postscript. Backed by Greylock, Y Combinator and other top investors, Postscript is growing fast and looking for remarkable people to help build a world class go-to-market (GTM) organization.
As Support Engineer, you will support customers using our product and support internal users of our product. You will build tooling and establish processes to foster Support Engineering at Postscript. Additionally, you will participate in on-call support rotations, maintain our support workflows, and produce documentation. You will work closely with our fullstack engineering team and engineering leaders to fix bugs, build new features, and leverage your firsthand customer interactions to influence our roadmap and priorities. Our application stack Python (Flask) with a PostgreSQL database hosted on AWS on the backend, and our frontend is built with React JS.
Your natural empathy for users and passion for building great products, especially in early-stage companies, will lead you to have a meaningful and positive impact on both the product and the company. In addition, you will have the opportunity to help expand the engineering team and build processes that enable the team to rapidly iterate on Support Engineering initiatives as we scale. All positions at Postscript are fully remote.
- Build tooling and establish processes to foster Support Engineering at Postscript
- Interface with our customer-facing team’s tools (Intercom Chat, Slack, Salesforce, etc.)
- Resolve customer issues and support internal users of our product
- Participate in on-call rotations and provide emergency support for customers and internal users
- Coordinate incident response communication
- Create and maintain documentation based on customer interactions
- Collaborate with Engineering, Product, and others to fix bugs, build new features, and influence the roadmap
- 2+ years of experience in a support role interacting with customers or customer-facing teams such as support or sales
- 1+ years application development experience with Python (Flask knowledge preferred)
- Experience coordinating and managing ticket workflows through the entire support lifecycle
- Experience participating in an on-call rotation and resolving issues, coordinating incident response communication, and solving problems
- Ability to debug problems in software applications
- Ability to communicate complex technical topics to individuals with varying levels of technical skill
- Proficient in Python and Flask
- Proficient in SQL (Postgres)
- Experience in AWS environments (Lambda, Elastic Beanstalk, EC2)
- Experience using customer support tools such as ZenDesk, Salesforce, or Intercom
- Great communicator and love helping others
- Ability and desire to work on many different small challenges in a given day
- Ability to drive technical decisions by measuring trade-offs including business priorities and technical needs
- Passion for early-stage companies and the opportunity to be responsible for owning and improving a new, fast-growing platform
- Empathy for users
- Strong attention to detail
- Remote work experience is a plus
- High growth startup - plenty of room for you to directly impact the company and grow your career!
- Fully remote culture - work from home (or wherever!)
- Fun - We're passionate and enjoy what we do
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for equity
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- Other great perks, such as home office stipend
You are welcome here. Postscript is an ever-evolving place of equal employment for talented individuals.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: North America.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈