Staff Software Engineer - Backend
2 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Canada or Ireland
Category: Software Development
CircleCI seeks an experienced engineer who is excited to help shape the future of our internal development platform. You’ll join a distributed team in an engineering organization that values collaboration, trust, and learning. We’re growing fast and looking for folks to join our mission: enabling thousands of developers to do better work every single day.
- Developing new libraries, tools and services for use by development teams
- Collaborating with teams to identify enhancements to our internal developer experience
- Collaborating with teams to adopt or migrate to new technologies
- Writing high-quality documentation for internal technologies and best practices
- Fostering a culture of observability and monitoring; helping teams leverage tools to gain better insight into the (mis)behavior of their systems in production.
- Collaborating across teams to evolve our architecture.
- Writing sustainable, high-quality, high-performance code.
Do you love collaboration and teamwork? Are you eager to learn new things and help others learn, too? Are you a strong communicator in both synchronous and asynchronous mediums? If so, here’s the additional qualities we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of backend development experience with micro-services and distributed systems.
- An interest in the complete product development process (requirements gathering, user interviews, design, implementation, testing, documentation, etc).
- A focus on delivering high-quality code through strong testing practices.
- Some knowledge of Clojure or interest in learning and working in the language.
We know there’s no such thing as a "perfect” candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those who are enthusiastic about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.
The Engineering Competency Matrix is our internal career growth system for engineers. This position is level E4. If you are not sure this is you, we encourage you to apply. Find more about the matrix in this blog post.
Submit your application online via the Apply Now button. Please include a cover letter that describes why you're interested in working for CircleCI and summarize how your experience and career goals fit the qualifications for the position.
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect” candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those who are enthusiastic about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Some content from our blog that may be interesting to you:
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!