Staff Software Engineer
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Software Development
Udacity's mission is to democratize education. We're an online learning platform offering groundbreaking education in fields such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, robotics, virtual reality, and more. Focused on self-empowerment through learning, Udacity is making innovative technologies such as self-driving cars available to a global community of aspiring technologists, while also enabling learners at all levels to skill up with essentials like programming, web and app development. If you love a challenge, and truly want to make a difference in the world, read on!
As a Staff Senior Engineer, you will be responsible for designing and developing the systems that support our flagship product: our students’ learning experience and content creation systems. Our microservices infrastructure is written in Node and GoLang, and Java. A successful candidate is well versed in distributed systems and data store architectures. The Udacity classroom itself is a modern React application on the frontend, with a graphql service API.
- Design, build, ship, and maintain new and existing infrastructure supporting Udacity’s classroom and students
- Develop and maintain comprehensive monitoring, alerting, and incident response protocols for your services
- Advise on, guide, and participate in engineering-wide initiatives to boost our development processes and shared infrastructure
- Provide mentorship to other engineers on the classroom experience team and across the engineering organization
- Participate in on-call rotation for production incident response.
- Ensure the classroom complies with best practices in accessibility, internationalization and localization
- You have five or more years or more of experience working hands-on in a product-oriented software engineering role, in live production code.
- You are a very good communicator, able to express complex technical ideas clearly both in person and in writing
- You have demonstrated expertise in designing, building, delivering, and maintaining reliable, secure, and high-performing microservices. We’re not as interested in experience with specific languages or frameworks, as we are in your engineering skill and demonstrated ability to ship, but you’d primarily be working with React, Node, Graphql, GoLang, Postgresql, Java, and of course the latest web protocols and security concerns.
- You want to work on a fast-moving, autonomous product team.
- You strive to identify problems ahead of them actually arising, but you can make judgement calls to prioritize what’s most important. You know how to detect rabbit-holing but you can clearly defend when it’s worth making a bigger investment in a particular initiative.
- You are passionate about your users’ experience and you feel, as we do, that online education can improve lives worldwide.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈