Staff Software Engineer
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Software Development
FireEye is the intelligence-led security company. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant® consulting. With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber attacks. FireEye has over 9,000 customers across 103 countries, including more than 50 percent of the Forbes Global 2000.
FireEye Mandiant Managed Defense is a Managed Detection and Response (MDR) service that combines industry-recognized cyber security expertise, FireEye technology, and unparalleled knowledge of attackers to identify threats early in the attacker lifecycle to minimize the potential impact of a breach. Mandiant Managed Defense is continuously fueled by the industry’s largest global cyber threat intelligence capability that harnesses machine, campaign, adversary and victim intelligence gained from the frontlines of the world’s most consequential cyber-attacks enabling us to reveal even the most sophisticated attacker.
As a member of the endpoint engineering team within Managed Defense, you will work on a team building backend software that helps security analysts find evil and solve crime in our customer’s environments. You will help deliver a solution on the front line of cybersecurity that keeps millions of users safe from bad guys every day. You’ll make sense of piles of data, turn it into information, and make it actionable. You will grow your skills, work with cutting edge technologies and introduce new tools and techniques to the team. You’ll work in an environment that encourages creative thinking and novel solutions to interesting problems. You’ll collaborate with fellow engineers, product management and end users. You’ll come up with ways to do things more quickly and more effectively while maintaining a laser focus on quality. Bottom line: you’ll create software that makes our team smarter, faster, and better at what we do – protecting the world from evil.
What You Will Do:
- Design, implement, use, and maintain elegant and scalable services with flexible APIs
- Write robust, performant, and secure features for customer-facing web applications using modern Python frameworks
- Architect best-practice data stores using various cloud technologies
- Stay abreast of the latest technology trends, coding standards, libraries and frameworks to constantly challenge and improve the technology stack
- Break down high level business needs into discrete development items, understanding how they build up to the eventual goal
- Increase the efficiency, scalability and reliability of back-end systems
- Promote strict code testing and validation to ensure high-quality coding standards
- Experience delivering fully-tested, production-ready code in Python (familiarity with Django, GraphQL, and Flask a plus)
- Related experience interacting with SQL flavored database systems (writing queries; designing schemas)
- Ability to create, debug, and deploy software in a cloud environment (preferably AWS)
- Effectively communicate in person and over text
- Provide and integrate constructive feedback on design and implementation, improving the overall result
- A passion for fighting bad-guys and keeping our customers safe from evil
- Software and/or network security background preferred
- Experience with building cloud-based solutions, preferably on top of AWS
- Comfortable working with Linux shell scripts and build systems (bash, make, cmake)
- Knowledge of queuing architectures such as RabbitMQ, SQS, and Kafka a plus
- Experience with container solutions like Kubernetes, Docker, OpenShift, Kubernetes, and CoreOS a plus
- Experience with configuration management and CI/CD tools such as Puppet, Terraform, Jenkins, and Artifactory a plus
- Experience with data technologies such as PostgreSQL and Elasticsearch a plus
At FireEye we are committed to our #OneTeam approach combining diversity, collaboration, and excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. Requests for accommodation due to disability can be sent directly to [email protected]
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈