Staff/Lead Software Engineer
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Anywhere
Category: Software Development
Arch Systems is seeking a Staff/Lead Software Engineer to join our rapidly scaling team
Started by Stanford Engineering PhDs and grown out of non-profit work in Africa, Arch is a venture-backed company working with top Fortune 500 customers to retrofit industrial machines with cutting-edge IoT to drive efficiency, transparency, and next generation intelligence.
We work in partnership with the manufacturing industry with a focus in surface mount technology. We also support a variety of ongoing developing world projects.
We are looking for talented and driven people wanting to transform manufacturing operations and to make the Earth more efficient, connected, and sustainable. Come join our diverse and passionate team.
Compensation will be determined for a Principal or Staff Software Engineer (depending on hire's experience) at a Series A stage technology startup based on experience and location. We benchmark our compensation against high cost of living/market rates and use a compensation formula that includes a location factor to determine total target compensation as it compares to a high cost of living/market area. At Arch, total target compensation is comprised of base salary, a completion bonus, and a performance bonus.
Employees in the US can expect generous benefits for themselves and their dependents as well as equity in the company.
Applicants outside the US will be considered to become employees of one of our trusted partners and will receive benefits through them as well as NQSOs from Arch Systems
Since before COVID-19, Arch has operated as a remote-equal team and while we welcome candidates from anywhere in the world to apply, we do have a preference for candidates located in The Americas (PST +/- 3) to maximize collaboration time. While the majority of our team is based in the San Francisco Bay Area near our Palo Alto HQ, we have team members in over 5 countries across various time zones. US applicants must be authorized to work in the US. We are unable to sponsor a Visa at this time.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
As a Staff or Principal Software Engineer, you will drive major development projects for our ArchFX Broker product (https://archsys.io/archfx-factory-exchange/). The ArchFX Broker is a data platform designed to consume raw input from factory machines and translate that into usable data streams that power our cloud applications. You will become the expert of that platform and be responsible for fostering its growth and success!
In terms of regular responsibilities, this means you will be:
- Implementing major infrastructure improvements, such as designing support for kafka as a messaging handler as an alternative to rabbitMQ.
- Architecting server functionality to create user interfaces and manage platform components.
- Collaborating with engineering leadership on architecture to improve our processing capabilities, such as brainstorming what we need to keep scaling to more customers and more data streams.
- Creating a strong SDK that empowers customers and other engineers to develop applications on the ArchFX Broker platform and eliminate development bottlenecks.
These are the skills that we believe you need to be successful in this role:
- Experience building and deploying streaming platforms (rabbitMQ, kafka, etc.)
- Expertise with backend architecture and experience with backend Python-based frameworks such as Django or Flask
- Python and Docker mastery; experience or interest in kubernetes
- Experience or interest in working with a full-time geographically distributed team
- Experience mentoring developers on your team and across teams
- Experience with AWS (or similar cloud services)
Other skills that may be helpful, but are not required:
- C#/C++ development (we deploy some C# applications today and C++ may be used for platform components that need to be highly performant)
- Experience with AWS services and architecture is a plus
- Passion for manufacturing and for building a more connected, intelligent, and sustainable industry
- A desire to contribute to our remote culture
How we will support you:
- We have an ambitious and clear vision of how you can be a part of transforming the manufacturing supply chain and building next generation IoT technology.
- Our experienced team has the relevant domain expertise and network to make sure we're focused on the most important industry problems facing our customers.
- Your work will be solving cutting edge problems with Fortune 500 customers and nonprofit developing world partners alike.
- We provide a Learning & Development budget to support your professional growth.
- You are trusted in your ability to do your best work when and where you want and to communicate this with your team.
- Time off is flexible - take the time you need, including an end-of-year break. We track PTO only to be able to check-in with Arch-itects if they aren't using the time available to them and work with you to figure out getting the breaks you need.
- You will be able to to challenge yourself, be nurtured, and grow in a highly dynamic environment, with
- Leadership who welcomes and encourages autonomy, ownership, and transparency; allowing you to make, learn from, and teach others in your “failures” as much as your successes.
- We value a culture of diversity of thought and background with many languages and nationalities on the team.
Resumes must be submitted in English
We encourage interested and enthusiastic applicants to apply and not allow imposter syndrome to self-select out of an opportunity. We believe in hiring people as their full and authentic selves, allowing them to utilize their strengths and then helping them to learn, grow, and add to those strengths
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Anywhere.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈