Staff Data Engineer & Python Developer
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: North America Only
Category: Software Development
Elevate Security is looking for an entrepreneurial Staff Data Engineer to join the Highlights engineering team. This person reports to the Software Development Manager of the Highlights team and works closely with the product manager, principal architect and other software developers and data engineers. The Highlights team builds and operates the “Load” part of our ETL, the scoring service which calculates organizational risks from individual behaviors and delivers 1-1 communication to positively influence employees security behaviors. This team manages the brain of the Elevate Security's Human Risk Management Platform that leverages the latest advances in behavioral science and data analytics.
We are using Agile and Scrum, and every team builds and operates a piece of our SaaS platform. Our technical stack includes React for the front-end, Python with Flask and Django for the back-end services, Redis, Postgres DB, S3 data lake, Cognito identity management and more running on Docker, K8s, AWS with CircleCI and ArgoCD, as well as DataDog and OpsGenie for monitoring and Alerting. SonarCloud and Snyk are helping to constantly improve code quality and avoid adding vulnerabilities. We manage projects using Jira and share knowledge with confluence and slack.
We are a remote friendly engineering group. The company founders are located in our Berkeley hub (San Francisco Bay area). Our engineering team is distributed worldwide in South and North America, Germany, Pakistan, Singapore, and a hub around Montreal, Canada. This position is a remote position, with preference to be in the North America time zone.
- Writing well tested Python code in an iterative way at speed
- Perform technical designs which are aligned with the global architecture roadmap
- Constantly improves our code base in meaningful ways
- Ensure verification and validation of your code
- Document and communicate changes you are performing
- Fixing bugs fast and taking your time to solve hard problems well
- Understand what to build from product management and designer
- Actively engage and collaborate as part of a self-organized squad, using agile, lean and scrum
- Learning and growing constantly to feed your passion for self-improvement and make those around you better
- Execution with velocity and quality
- 10+ years of directly building software, part of it in a web based environment
- Demonstrated track record of shipping high quality software on time
- You are known as a solid developer, you enjoy writing code and that's you want to do
- Solid software development background including design patterns, data structures, and operational excellence
- You have designed and implemented data pipeline and ETLs
- Manipulating data is your second nature, especially in Python, Panda is your friend
- You know by heart all PostgreSQL index types
- Ownership and communication
- Accountability and Ownership is key to your approach
- Great communication skills with the ability to present in a clear and concise manner
- You understand how to communicate and optimize work among remote team members in a multicultural environment
- You know how to write fast and well tested code - we use Python, Panda, S3 and Postgres
- You can design and build RESTful APIs
- Your preferred stack is the cloud, with continuous deployment leveraging linux and docker
- We have a modern technology stack and are striving for engineering excellence, while keeping in mind lean principle to experiment fast with customers.
- We care about your career. At Elevate Security we encourage each other to constantly grow and expand our skills and knowledge. Mentorship is part of our culture as you work side by side with some of the brightest possible talent.
- Your contributions make an immediate impact.
- We have fun! No matter how fast we grow or how busy we are, we always remember to laugh and enjoy each other and our clients.
- Balancing our careers and personal lives is important to us. We want you to work where and when you work best.
- Embracing our culture of diversity, constant learning, and collaboration makes us a better team and helps us build a better product.
- We are mission driven. We never lose sight of why we do what we do.
- We're genuinely nice, optimistic, inclusive, and empathetic people. We won't hire jerks.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Unlimited vacation (minimum 3 weeks)
- Paid time off for volunteering
- Professional development funds
- Parental leave
- Flexible work schedule
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: North America Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈