Sr. Software Engineer - with Product UI ownership
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: US only
Category: Software Development
ZenLedger, the cryptocurrency tax product, is searching for someone who can have the dual job roles of: Product Manager and Sr. Software Engineer.
Your job will be the product manager to make sure the product’s user interface is easy-to-use and best matches customer’s needs. Product management will be your primary job and software engineering can be done as time allows. You will need to be ready to talk with customers, learn their preferences and pain points, and help build a great user experience. We want you to own the design and flow that will take a complicated process for our customers and make it easy and painless.
We are working with sensitive data, and it is likely you will be required to pass a security clearance test in the future.
- Drive product meetings and standups (Scrum / Lean methodology)
- Participate in product design process to drive feature development and create well defined backlog items for the team
- Work with stakeholders to prioritize feature requests and improvements according to business value, product strategy, and company OKRs
- Communicate with customers occasionally and identify pain points
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and proper decomposition of user stories for engineering teams
- Participate in the planning of product release plans and set the expectation for delivery of new functionality
What We Are Looking For:
- Knowledge of cryptocurrency is a strong plus
- Has a High degree of organizational ability.
- Strong attention to detail
- Prioritization and multitasking abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Able to work well in a distributed company
- Motivation to identify inefficiencies and creatively suggest ways to solve them
- Outstanding work ethic, integrity, and commitment
- Experience in customer service
- AWS experience a plus
- Having a security clearance already a plus
What You’ll Do:
- You will be a full time employee of ZenLedger. No consultants or freelancers
- Must live in the USA. Must have whatever citizenship related status needed to secure a top secret security clearance
- Normal business hours, USA East coast is preferred
- Work on creating features
- Interview customers and use their feedback to improve existing user experience and design new features.
- Pay attention to customer support issues and use that as feedback to improve the product.
- Experience in Node and React or Ruby on rails is a plus
- Experience working on a professionally WebApp (and that WebApp is the company’s product or service
- Able to talk with customers and learn how to improve the product from them
- Able to craft user experience and features as Product Managers do. Able to work with our UX/Graphic designer
- Willing to be a full stack engineer and help keep the servers up if problems arise
Able to pass a security clearance test, in the future. Bonus on having a security clearance.
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Exciting, fast-paced environment
ZenLedger is an Equal Opportunity employer.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: US only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈