Sr. Software Engineer (Backend)
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Software Development
At Echobind, we build beautiful, engaging software for clients, have great internal technical processes, and setup our culture for our employees to learn constantly. We're the place to work if you want to become a better full-stack engineer. If you're eager to apply your knowledge and hone your craft while getting the opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects, keep reading.
In this role you will:
- Expand upon your skills as a full stack developer working on a wide variety of client and internal projects.
- Interface directly with members of our team and client teams.
- Mentor Associate and Apprentice-level engineers.
- Iterate on internal development best practices and operations.
- Write content based on your learning and experiences.
- Have experience designing APIs and relational databases.
- Have professional and/or personal projects to demonstrate your abilities as a developer as well as the areas you're actively improving upon.
- Be a critical thinker who challenges the status quo. You question and suggest improvements in workflow, scope or design.
- Be able to prioritize and self-manage. We give all of our employees a lot of autonomy.
- Be a great human to your coworkers and our clients.
- Be eager to coach teams you work with on best practices and approaches.
- Be hungry to level-up your skills and those of your coworkers.
- Be proactive when it comes to identifying and solving problems.
- Be a strong communicator. You're adept at collaborating with teammates remotely and comfortable interfacing with clients.
- Be humble and willing to raise your hand to ask for help when you need it.
- Be comfortable and happy working remotely. We're a distributed team and we allow our employees to work anywhere in the continental US.
It would be nice if you:
- Are involved in your local developer community.
- Contribute to open source projects.
- Have prior experience or interest speaking at conferences or participating in virtual events.
Technologies we use:
- React, ReactNative, Next.js
- Ruby on Rails
- Competitive salary + annual bonus.
- Dedicated weekly "investment time". This is our way to encourage working on projects that will make you and the agency better.
- Fully covered Dental, Health and Vision benefits.
- 401k program with company matching (4%).
- Employee Assistance Program. (Wellness Resources, Work and Life Counseling, and Legal Services).
- Three (3) weeks paid time off.
- Seven (7) paid holidays.
- Three (3) weeks paid leave for any new parent plus three (3) additional weeks if you give birth or adopt.
- Annual home office stipend to upgrade your workspace.
- Ability to work from anywhere in the continental United States so long as you have a fast and reliable Internet connection.
Echobind’s work comes from a group of human beings who have different perspectives, backgrounds, educations, lifestyles, and leanings. Our work is better because of these differences, not in spite of them. Echobind is happily an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We’ll always welcome people to apply with us regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈