Sr. Python Engineer
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Europe
Category: Software Dev
Perengo is seeking a motivated individual to join our development team as Sr. Python Engineer.
Perengo is a programmatic job advertising platform. We automate job distribution, measure / analyze performance in real time, and optimize towards our customer’s primary KPIs including cost-per-application and cost-per-hire.
Why Join Perengo?
- Getting in at this stage means that you get to actually help further mold the company culture and engineering vision
- Chance to Build Something Revolutionary - The market is ripe for disruption and there's no doubt that whoever cracks the puzzle will win the market. This is also a rare opportunity for you to build a large-scale platform that millions of people are positively impacted by (instead of, say, boring old enterprise software that few people touch!).
- Quality of the Team - Truly high-performing teams are hard to come by; joining Perengo gives you an opportunity to collaborate with, learn from, and grow together with like-minded, successful tech veterans who have a track record of building great products.
Who we are looking for:
Knows and loves the startup world - quick thinking and acting with minimal/no supervision
Able to build enterprise-grade software off of minimal and changing requirements
Self-driven, independent, creative and eager to learn new skills
Aren't happy with good, and build to great
Excellent and proven knowledge of Python
3+ of experience writing server-side Python applications:
• Core knowledge of Python standard library and Pythonic conventions (PEP8, etc.)
• Awareness of wider Python ecosystem - 3rd party libraries, tooling, etc.
Experience in deploying and maintaining enterprise-scale python applications in production.
TTD mindset with experience of common python testing frameworks.
Knowledge of options for scaling Python applications for concurrent access and their respective pros and cons (e.g. multithreading, multiprocessing, async frameworks, greenlets, etc.)
3+ years in a production environment a plus
Knowledge of the following technologies :
Redshift / Postgres / SQL / Sequelize
Proficiency in Git, JIRA, and Teamcity are a plus
Maintain and enhance large scale API system
Code REST interfaces to support various internal/external requests
Code Python and Node.js based microservices
Code Unit / Integration tests to allow for embedding in Continuous integration service
Drive feature engineering and experimentation to improve the performance of our various algorithms
Evaluate the technical tradeoffs of every decision
We are a remote-first company with existing team-hubs within the following locations:
- Austria: Vienna
- Germany: Berlin, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Munich
- Netherlands: Amsterdam
- Poland: Warsaw
- Portugal: Lisbon
- UK: London
- Spain: Barcelona, Madrid
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!