1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Software Development
MindPoint Group has been focused on Cybersecurity consulting since its inception. We are the trusted cybersecurity advisors to key government and commercial decision-makers. MindPoint Group supports security operations for the most security-conscious organizations in the world, and we design and implement innovative security solutions to defend against today’s risks and tomorrow’s potential attacks.
We believe that helping organizations operate from the best security posture possible requires automation. We believe that empowering our employees to excel and providing them with the means to do so enables MindPoint Group to exceed our clients’ expectations.
Unlike many IT consultancies, we’re not a body shop. Our client engagements are challenging and growth-oriented. Our relationship with you is in the long run because, in this business, your success is our success. That’s why we treat investments in employees as investments in the company itself, which is why we offer fantastic benefits (healthcare, generous PTO, paid maternity and paternity leave, and tuition reimbursement to name a few).
But you’ll want to work here for reasons that can’t be written into an offer letter—the challenge, growth opportunities, and most important: the culture of a company that cares about you.
We are an established, profitable, and growing company that promises you the following:
- A diverse organization.
- A safe workplace with zero tolerance for discrimination and harassment of any kind.
- A balanced work life. Seriously.
- Potential of a flexible schedule, depending on the client.
- A leadership team that is focused on your professional growth and development.
MindPoint Group is seeking an experienced Splunk Engineer that will be responsible for the architecture, installation, administration, and development of Splunk log aggregation, parsing, and alert monitoring. You will enhance client infrastructure supporting application and server data, reporting, custom queries, dashboards, and security roles administration. In addition to log analytics, you will help administer a variety of other platforms within the client enterprise management suite.
- Act as a Splunk enterprise Subject Matter Expert
- Architect, design, support, and maintain high availability, distributed, multi-clustered and multi-tenant Splunk deployment
- Maintain strategic Splunk architectural development roadmap
- Responsible for Splunk deployment and server infrastructure analysis, optimization and capacity planning
- Responsible for onboarding and maintaining a wide variety of data sources to include various OS, appliance, and application logs
- Support Splunk on Unix, Linux and Windows-based platforms
- Perform data mining and analysis, using various query and reporting methods
- Solve/troubleshoot complex integration challenges and configuration issues
- Create advanced searches, dashboards, visualizations
- Manage Splunk knowledge objects
- Technical writing/creation of formal documentation such as architecture diagrams, technical designs, and SOPs
- Secret clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree, or an equivalent combination of formal education, and experience.
- This position will be Remote, but the candidate must be local to the Washington DC Metropolitan area due to occasional travel to the client site in DC
- Six (6) years of general work experience and two (2) years of experience architecting, configuring, deploying, and customizing Splunk.
- Splunk Administrator Certified or higher
- Strong understanding of all Splunk architecture components to include search head clustering, indexer clustering, deployment server and monitoring console.
- Strong understanding of configuration files and relationship between GUI configuration and backend configuration file impact
- Knowledge of advanced search and reporting commands
- Strong understanding of SPL as well as the ability to develop automated search and apps using Python or bash/perl/shell scripting
- Demonstrated ability to create complex dashboards, forms, and visualizations
- Understanding of System Log Files and other structured and non-structured data
- Effective verbal and written communication skills that include the ability to describe highly technical concepts in non-technical terms
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines
- Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!