2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: North America Only
Category: Software Development
This is a remote opportunity and we would be interested in applications from a North American timezone.
Make a difference.
Are you looking for the next step in your career? Enjoy a challenge? Love to innovate? This is an exciting opportunity to join a technology startup in a high growth phase. Our Solutions Engineering team are our in-house, customer facing product experts. The Solutions Engineering team enables Grafana Labs’s worldwide growth by educating potential and existing customers to ensure that they are happy and successful. We share our technical and product expertise with customers through demos, hands on enablement, presentations, technical evaluations and ongoing interaction. We also partner closely with our Sales team to help qualify and close opportunities. The Solutions Engineering team is also one of the primary routes of communication from our customers through into the Product Management and Engineering teams.
A great Solution Engineer is able to really listen to a prospect or customer, understand their requirements, ask the right questions to extract as much information as required and translate all that into a solution with Grafana Labs technology. They are the bridge between the highly technical engineering folks here at Grafana Labs, our customers and our Sales team.
- 3+ years of technical pre-sales experience, ideally with Open Source technologies, or in the Metrics/Monitoring space while we will be adding more junior folks later on, right now we just need team members that can hit the ground running.
- Join as an early member of a high growth team working together to solve hard technical and customer problems the right way
- Partner with our Sales team to articulate the overall Grafana value proposition, vision and strategy to customers
- Own the technical engagement with customers and help to close complex opportunities through advanced competitive knowledge, technical skill and credibility
- Deliver product and technical presentations to potential and existing customers
- Proactively communicate with customers and internal teams to provide a feedback loop on our products and the competitive landscape
- Drive product conversations based on need and problems learnt during customer interactions
- Work with the team to enhance documentation, write blog posts, record videos, contribute knowledge base articles and create other public or private enablement material
What would make you a good fit for this role?
- We’re a startup so your job duties will be varied and complex and will require strong judgement, collaboration and leadership.
- We are a remote first company so you should be experienced and skilled at working remotely with an international team
- You will need first class written and oral communication skills both to collaborate with our remote first internal teams and with our worldwide customers. You will need to be able to skillfully articulate our value proposition and the technical advantages of our products.
- You will love solving complex technical challenges and thrive on bringing creative solutions to our customers
- You should have a general knowledge of Linux, experience working in open source and an understanding of what metrics, alerting, monitoring and dashboards can do for an organisation
- You will need to be self-motivated, detail-oriented and enjoy continuously learning. You will be able and willing to develop a strong knowledge of our infrastructure and products.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA) with a 4% employer contribution match
- 30 days vacation in addition to Public Holidays
- Compensation is a blend of base salary plus commissions, based on quota
At our core Grafana Labs is an open company. We believe that open source is the superior way to build and deliver software. We also believe in being open and transparent with our employees. We believe that transparency breeds trust and that trust is the foundation of great teamwork. We actively seek to break down silos, empower employees with information and allow people to “see the whole picture”. This transparency extends to our strategy, our financials, our successes and failures. We empower our team to make their own decisions and trust that they will try to do the right thing.
We are a remote first team. Our three founders are on three different continents and our team of 100+ global employees are based in 22 different countries. Hiring remotely unlocks the broadest, most diverse, most talented pool of potential employees. It also means that we have built our culture around a flexible and autonomous work environment based on trust.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Grafana Labs we’re building a company where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay, and to do their best work. We know that our company runs on the hard work and the dedication of our passionate and creative employees. We will recruit, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different and unique. We believe that equality and diversity builds a strong organisation and we’re working hard to make sure that’s the foundation of our organisation as we grow.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!