Solutions Architect - Edge Cloud Security
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: US East Coast
Category: Software Development
Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastly’s edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, and reliably by processing, serving, and securing our customers’ applications as close to their end-users as possible — at the edge of the internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, and to support agile software development.
Fastly’s customers’ use our edge cloud platform to ensure concertgoers can buy tickets to the live events they love, travellers can book flights seamlessly and embark on their next great adventure, and sports fans can stream events in real-time, across devices. They include many of the world’s most prominent companies, including Spotify, Alaska Airlines, Hulu, The New York Times, and Ticketmaster.
We’re building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.
The Fastly Team is looking for a unique Security Solutions Engineer. Fastly’s team is the connecting fabric between Product, Sales, and Client Services organizations. Fastly’s Security Solutions Engineer will have the opportunity to guide customers over their entire life-cycle from sales, implementation and expert level support to ensure customer success on the Fastly Platform.
- Support the Fastly Sales engagements where security requirements exist
- Bring technical expertise in security problems that web properties face and work independently and dynamically to create solutions that solve those problems for customers
- Implement and manage WAF deployment for the local customer base to ensure minimal false positives and maximum available protection for our customer’s Web Applications
- Build test configurations to demonstrate new products and features to individuals and groups
- Provide support to internal and external customers for products
- Train our internal and external customers on new products and features
- Contribute to documentation and articles for general customer education on security best practices and using the Fastly Platform to protect customer assets
- Attend appropriate stakeholder meetings and standups, gather and present feedback to various stakeholders
- 5+ years of broad solution experience with the CDN, cloud, or managed service provider
- 3+ years experience with HTTP request/response protocols and related troubleshooting tools and techniques (curl, dig, tcpdump, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with a variety of business and technical contacts including mid level managers
- Proven background in security models, solutions, and products
- Expert knowledge of DNS, routing, caching, WAF, DDoS, TLS, security service management
- Expert knowledge of internet protocols, website optimization and acceleration
- Referenceable communication and documentation experience
- Fundamental knowledge of information security standards, policies, controls, and regulations.
- Strong attention to detail
- Good written communication skills and experience, including writing technical documentation
- Comfort with networking equipment and protocols as well as Linux systems are essential
- Excellent collaboration skills with cross-functional organizations
- Advanced knowledge of enterprise software technology
- Superior listening skills, can swiftly identify complex problem relationships through listening and discovery directly with internal and external customers
- Open and receptive to new ideas and ways of doing things
What you might have
- Proficiency in written and verbal communication, in Spanish
- We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
- We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
- We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
- We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
- We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit please apply!
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Employment decisions at Fastly are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Fastly encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!