Solution Architect Data/Analytics
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: US only (selected states)
Category: Software Development
BlueGranite is looking for a Solution Architect with a strong background and experience designing, building, and leading business intelligence, data warehouse, or modern data platform solution development efforts using Microsoft Azure data services and Power BI.
Successful candidates should have hands-on, senior-level experience with business intelligence, data warehouse, or data lake solutions using Azure. Candidates must have a proven ability to drive business results with their data-based insights, while being comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams in both business and I.T. The right candidate will have a passion for data and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
This role includes a mix of project and pre-sales activities including discovery, scoping, and estimating; leading engagements, and supporting brand leadership efforts with webinars, blogging, and workshops.
This full-time, remote position is for individuals who enjoy a hands-on, leadership role with up to 25% travel to client locations per year, as travel restrictions are lifted. This position is for U.S. based applicants currently located in, or planning to relocate to, the following states: Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Ohio, Minnesota, Colorado, Washington, Texas, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, New York, Massachusetts, or New Hampshire.
Please note that we are unable able to provide sponsorship for student or other employment work visas at this time.
At a minimum, we’re looking for:
- 10+ years full-time professional experience in a project-based, consultative role for data platform, data warehouse, and business intelligence solution development
- Extensive background building and delivering business intelligence, data warehouse, or data lake solutions using Microsoft technologies such as Azure Data Lake, Data Factory, Databricks, SQL Data Warehouse (now Synapse Analytics), Azure SQL DB, and Power BI
- Ability to lead envisioning and discover efforts, providing detailed estimates of deliverables, timeline, and hours
- Experience managing client expectations, leading data/analytics solution delivery teams
- Passion for data and analytics, translating data-driven insights into decisions and actions
- Self-starter, self-managed, quick learner, problem-solver with a positive, collaborative, and team-based attitude
- Willingness to coach and mentor others to build their capacity and skills for data/analytics as well as insurance industry expertise
- Excellent communication skills, with interests in presenting and/or blogging; ability to engage with senior business leaders
- Demonstration of thought leadership, community volunteering, certifications, recognition, or awards
- Degree in information technology, computer science, business, engineering
- Ability to work remotely, at a home-office, with an average of 25% travel to clients across the U.S., as travel restrictions are lifted
- Authorization to work in the U.S., without the requirement for an employment visa or sponsorship
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!