Software Engineering (Team Lead)
1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Multiple locations
Category: Software Development
At Gistia Healthcare, we want to level the playing field between healthcare providers and payers, and in doing so, optimize the patient experience. To achieve this mission, we leverage the same claims and transactional data used by large payers to build data analytics and AI software that help healthcare providers improve their financial performance and patient experience.
The key role of a Team Leader is to oversee and manage the consulting process of an assigned consulting team. Team Leaders are given autonomy in determining appropriate delegation of tasks, facilitating communication amongst their team, and assembling the work of their team into the requested deliverables. The Team Leaders are expected to lead the strategic direction of the project and be deeply involved in the consulting process of their team. This is a hands-on, "player/coach" type of role that will enable you to stay close to the technology while setting a technology direction for a product(s). More exposure to the client and team coordination than a typical SE. Communication with clients is a mandatory part of this role; requests need to be prioritized and delegated to the team in an effective and timely manner.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ensure the delivery of business goals assigned to the team.
- Develop and evaluate personnel to ensure efficient operation, continued growth, and positive team member engagement.
- Ensures team processes are understood, followed and improved - ensuring a team's success, growth, and output.
- Provides access to training, guidance, and mentorship to individuals on the team.
- Participates in Agile meetings to contribute development strategies and product roadmap.
- Curious; explores and reacts quickly to emerging technologies.
- Setting clear expectations for direct reports and meeting frequently (1:1) with direct reports.
- Proactively fostering a respectful workplace culture within the team.
- Availability to work remotely and available 9am - 5pm EST. Possess own equipment and high speed internet access.
- Education level: Prior lead experience required Nice to have: BS in Computer Science or related field.
Preferred: 7 years of experience in software development and 2 years leading a development team.
- Nice to have: Experience in the US Healthcare business field.
Preferred: Experience working on projects following an Agile or similar process. Experience with Relational Database/ORM (e.g., MySql, Oracle, Hibernate, SQLAlchemy, etc). Experience with NoSQL/Graph Database (e.g., Solr, MongoDB, Cassandra, Neo4j, JanusGraph, etc). React/Angular or Vue (Frontend frameworks).
Nice to have: Experience with DevOps/Deployment Tools (e.g., Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Docker, etc.)
- Personal characteristics: Leadership skills; naturally inquisitive; well-organized; self-starter; proactive
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Multiple locations .
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈