Software Engineering Manager
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Software Development
Come join our growing team! You will have the opportunity to work in a collaborative and creative environment where your ideas matter.
Trakstar is seeking a Software Engineering Manager to contribute to the next phase of growth for our product portfolio. The ideal candidate for this critical position will contribute high quality software and engineering expertise as a technical leader with our talented engineering group. Your contributions will focus on our performace management system (PM) SaaS product (Trakstar Perform).
This position reports to the Director, Software Engineering and collaborates with senior leadership from the product and engineering departments.
What we do:
Trakstar is a best-in-class, talent development SaaS company that equips mid-market companies with products to manage their workforce. With almost two decades of experience providing unique employee management solutions, Trakstar is an end-to-end platform solution offering seamless applicant tracking, training, and performance solutions. In this ever-changing and remote work environment, the demand for Trakstar is growing and we are looking for employees to help scale our existing organization.
Our company mission is to uplevel employee performance from hire to retire, because we believe people are happier and healthier when they know their work matters. We are serving 4000+ clients around the globe.
What you’ll do:
- Spend 50% of your time as a contributing engineer and 50% managing your team.
- Collaborate with engineering leadership to standardize processes, methodologies, and tooling for the Trakstar Perform engineering team.
- Participate in code reviews on pull requests while helping the team focus on best practices in software development with an emphasis on maintainability.
- Manage the performance and support the career growth of the Trakstar Perform engineering team, which includes consistently holding regular one-on-one meetings with direct reports.
- Monitor and plan for continuous improvement of technical debt.
- Oversee platform and pipeline development and operation including CI/CD toolchain, automated testing, Terraform, and production monitoring/alerting.
- Serve as a point of contact for production escalations, outages, RCAs, and make recommendations for improvements.
- Advocate and develop an excellent engineering culture.
- Lead standups and agile processes ceremonies.
You’re best for this role if you:
- Have participated in design and architectural decisions for complex software systems.
- Are well-versed in AWS architecture and systems, understanding various toolsets such as VPC, WAF, EC2, RDS, ElastiCache, Cloudwatch, etc.
- Have professional development experience with Ruby on Rails.
- Understand the end-to-end development lifecycle including tools such as Git, Cypress, and IDEs/linters.
- Are comfortable mentoring engineers.
- Regularly communicate across the organization up to and including senior leadership for status of product plans and projects.
- Have demonstrated sound judgement with the strong ability to think creatively, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements, and prioritize appropriately.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience. Emphasis in engineering, computer science or information systems is preferred.
- Have a minimum of 5 years’ experience working on software teams, preferrably with Ruby on Rails.
- Have a minimum of 1 year experience managing software engineers.
- Have experience with end-to-end product delivery in a SaaS software company.
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Range $120,000 - $150,000
- Flexible time off and paid holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision
- Group term life, short-term disability, and long-term disability
- Voluntary life, critical illness, and accident coverage
- 401(k) program with employer match
Trakstar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place:USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈