Software Engineering Manager
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: EMEA
Category: Software Development
- Remotely build and manage a distributed team of 8-10 developers and testers ranging from experienced to very senior
- Drive software delivery through championing team velocity, predictability, and accountability
- Develop people through coaching, mentoring, and management support
- Conduct regular 1:1, goal setting, and feedback conversations with direct reports to ensure team health and individual growth
- Get your hands dirty! You should expect to spend at least 25% of your time contributing technically but won’t be expected to commit to work in sprints (maybe small stories, code reviews, architectural reviews, etc)
- Work with development teams, product managers, product owners, and others to maintain high levels of transparency, efficiency, collaboration and set context with the team so they are empowered and equipped to make great business and engineering informed decisions
- Continually find ways to improve processes and efficiencies through technology and automation
- Ownership of teams results, building on the good and taking corrective action on the bad
- 2+ years of experience leading and managing development teams
- Experience managing an agile engineering team that has been responsible for multiple products in an environment they are either shipped to end users or hosted as single Web/SaaS application (huge plus if you’d lead a team that delivered both)
- A cross-team facilitator: working with other teams and figuring out how to get things running more smoothly
- Knowledgeable about open source software
- High level of organization with a proven ability to prioritize, manage, budget, and deliver on time
- Excellent English communication skills both verbally and written
- Experience in project management with the ability to decompose complicated projects into simple tasks, estimates and manage risks
- Self directed with the ability to operate independently without needing everyday input
- Maturity to build relationships and operate across the organization (not locked to only operate in the vertical chain)
- To truly stand out you should be passionate about leading software development and be able to point to the obstacles you’ve overcome to build amazing teams who in-turn deliver amazing software! Your attitude and aptitude are truly what will get you the role, with your past experiences landing you the interview.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: EMEA .
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈