Software Engineering Intern
1 month ago
Job type: Internship
Hiring from: Brazil Only
Category: Software Development
R2U is a rapidly growing augmented reality startup founded in 2016. We today boast 25+ employees in sales, product, engineering, and 3D operations across multiple cities in Brazil, in a remote-first environment.
We use technology to model, texturize, optimize, host, and serve 3D and AR content from e-commerce stores such as Mobly and Electrolux. Our customer's users can try out their products at home directly through their browser both on desktop and mobile.
With recent investments from top VCs such as Canary, Norte, and Equitas, we are expanding our sales and development teams to reach a global scale. You will have the opportunity to work with advanced computer graphics tech and all the software that goes behind it. Our technology stack includes a diverse range of languages (TypeScript, Python), frameworks (React, Serverless, Terraform), databases (PostgreSQL, MongoDB), and cloud providers (AWS, GCP). More than people with prior knowledge, we think highly of fast learners, since our architecture is constantly evolving and we do not shy away from trying out new things.
We value independent, self-managed teams with decision-making power and ownership to scale up the company.
Our company considers a top priority an inclusive and diverse environment, where everyone can feel at ease, without discrimination or prejudice.
We strive for continuous learning and encourage people to get better each day.
Our team has an entrepreneurial spirit to make things happen: if we want to do something, we just figure out how to do it and then do it.
We want our people to take care of their health, body, and mind, and "enjoy the ride" while working here, since we're here for the long run — this is a marathon, not a sprint.
Finally, we never say "this is impossible", but rather "we don't know how to do it (yet)", because we understand that our team is creating something that has never been done before.
- Good understanding of computer science foundations and how that applies to practical problems
- Practical knowledge of NoSQL or relational databases like MongoDB, Redis, PostgreSQL, or MySQL
- Experience with open source technologies and Unix/Linux environments
- Understanding of agile principles and their practical applications
- Undertaking Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems, Information Technology, or related university degree
- Contributor of open source or side projects
- Experience in building RESTful APIs
- Applied knowledge of modern web frameworks, like React, Angular, or Django
- Extracurricular activities that show interest in going the extra mile
- Autonomy and impact to solve hard challenges
- Fun atmosphere with game nights (come play with us!), game jams (what about developing a game from scratch?), and other team-building events
- Possibility of receiving stock options and becoming a partner
- Flexible schedule
- Immediate start
- Remote-first position (full remote until end of COVID-19 pandemic, with bi-monthly meetups afterward)
- Internship scholarship of R$ 2.000,00 (total compensation including transportation and meal allowance)
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Brazil Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈