Software Engineer, XMPP Chat- Cryptowatch
1 month ago
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world's largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we're growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent. Let's change the way the world thinks about money! Join the revolution!
About the Role
Cryptowatch is Kraken's professional charting, trading, and market analysis platform. Join our team and help us build a chat product that our users will love. We recently released the first version of this product, but there is a lot more we want to do. Our chat will support tens of thousands of concurrent users, end-to-end encrypted messaging, and tons of special commands for trading and sharing right in the UI.
- You want to work on a product that will help thousands of traders connect and communicate with each other.
- You are an expert on XMPP and have written XMPP-based backend/server code before.
- You are comfortable in a Linux environment, can write scripts and work on the command line.
- You have worked on a team before, understand software development methodologies, and can write clean, testable code.
- You have a security mindset, understand common threats, and how to avoid them.
- You are a team player who values transparency and communication.
What you’ll do
- Extend our Prosody XMPP server with new features and functionality.
- Collaborate with our XMPP client developers in shipping new instant messaging features.
- Debug and troubleshoot any problems that might arise in our instant messaging stack.
- Participate in code reviews, technical discussions, and other team activities.
A strong candidate will also have experience with
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Learn more about us:
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click
to report dead link!