Software Engineer, Networking
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: US only
Category: Software Development
D2iQ's systems & networking team is currently looking for several talented and highly motivated software engineers to enable networking and service discovery for microservices and big data workloads.
We use whatever technology is required to achieve high availability for our customers. Currently, our tech stack is built in Erlang, C, C++ and Go. We use underlying techniques such as gossip, CRDTs, probabilistic algorithms, and statistical analysis to build fault-tolerant distributed systems.
Team members should have production experience, and approach systems development with an operational mindset. You should feel at home with the CAP theorem, distributed consensus, and preferably also software defined networking. We hope that you’re a passionate individual with a natural sense of curiosity, and think about solutions from first principles. You must feel comfortable working in tight technical constraints, where legacy data planes and hostile applications are the norm.
- Performing code reviews and giving cordial feedback
- Performing design reviews and providing original insights
- Creating clear designs with well thought out design docs
- Writing reliable control plane code, and the tests that allow it to safely evolve
- Experience developing and operating large-scale infrastructure services
- Ability to perform differential diagnosis under pressure in real world environments
- Ability to comfortably work with managed runtimes (either Go or Erlang)
- Currently residing in the United States
- Knowledge of the Linux networking ecosystem (BPF, tc, iptables, iproute2, etc.)
- Knowledge of TCP and IP at both the implementer, user, and operator level
- Experience working with loosely coordinated distributed systems
On your journey to the cloud, you need to make numerous choices—from the technologies you select, to the frameworks you decide on, to the management tools you’ll use. What you need is a trusted guide that’s been down this path before. That’s where D2iQ can help.
D2iQ eases these decisions and operational efforts. Rather than inhibiting your choices, we guide you with opinionated technologies, services, training, and support, so you can work smarter, not harder. No matter where you are in your journey, we’ll make sure you’re well equipped for the road ahead.
Backed by T. Rowe Price, Andreessen Horowitz, Khosla Ventures, Microsoft, HPE, Data Collective, and Fuel Capital, D2iQ is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Hamburg, London, and Beijing.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!