WOOP that it is! Yup, at TeamSnap we’re committed to WOOPing it up - that is taking the work out of play for our customers. TeamSnap is an award-winning communication and management service for recreational and competitive sports teams, tournaments and organizations. With over 20 million enthusiastic customers in 195 countries, TeamSnap is indispensable for teams, clubs and leagues worldwide. While we’re still relatively small, we’re not a fly-by-night startup; we’re the leader in a massive market
Trust is our operational foundation. We trust our TeamSnappers to do their work and show up as a phenomenal teammate each day. We enable our employees to act as owners of our product and the customer because you actually are an owner (enter equity stage left), and also, it’s the right way to work. We fundamentally believe that fulfilling work comes from meaningful relationships, having a direct impact on outcomes, and feeling you can grow both personally and professionally and we weave that into all of our practices and operations.
We work hard and play hard. Don’t believe us? Just read our app release notes to see how we truly can make the mundane fun. Think the senior leadership team might crash an all company meeting in costume? It might have happened before. Have you ever seen the CEO and CFO karaoke to songs about fundraising? We have. Our ability to work hard and play hard landed us Outside Magazine’s list of Best Places to Work on the regular.
TeamSnap is seeking a Senior iOS Software Engineer to join our fully distributed engineering team to help us continue our impressive growth. We're looking for people that are self-directed and have big ideas with tiny egos. No matter what your “job” is, you’re welcome to suggest better ways of doing anything. We are all owners. Everyone has a stake in the company.
What you’ll be doing
You will be focused on building, updating, enhancing, refactoring, and maintaining our iOS app which serves over 20 million users. You will work with our Product and UX teams to brainstorm, build, and test new features to continue our rapid growth. You will partner with other internal teams to build rich and engaging features to fuel our partnerships with established advertising brands.
What You Need to Succeed
- Deep experience building native iOS apps with Swift
- A strong understanding of the standard design patterns used in apps built with Swift and the iOS SDK
- Experience maintaining Objective-C code
- Experience using Autolayout and UIKit to build performance-oriented view hierarchies
- The ability to effectively utilize concurrency paradigms using GCD
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, mobile UX, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies.
- Working knowledge of mobile advertising implementations - banners, interstitials, native, etc.
- Passion for great user experience - we have designers on staff, but we want you to be interested in what makes a great feature for our customers.
- A willingness to travel (when it’s safe) to other parts of the country for all company gatherings, team meetings, conferences, and the like.
- Flexibility, teamwork, empathy, mentorship, a sense of humor and the willingness to do what’s necessary to help a small company grow.
- Experience working on a self directed agile team and comfortable with asynchronous communication.
- Involvement in youth or adult recreational sports, as a player, parent or coach. We’d love for you to experience firsthand how our customers use our product and how it could be improved.
- Experience working as part of a distributed team.
- Experience with Native Advertising, MRAID, or video adsExperience with SwiftUI.
- Experience building apps that support hundreds of thousands or millions of users.
- Experience delivering custom sponsored user experiences that utilize Advertising frameworks, APIs and tools. (custom feature integrations that go beyond just banners and interstitials.)
We are headquartered in Boulder, Colorado, but this job is remote (unless you happen to live near Boulder, in which case you’re welcome to come to the office). TeamSnap is a mostly-distributed company, so you must be very comfortable working with people who aren’t in the same physical location as you or each other. While we love all parts of the world, we can only hire US-based citizens at this time.
How do I know if TeamSnap is the right place for me?
- You want to get to work on a product people use and love (yes people will stop you on the street and show you our app on their phone)
- You relentlessly pursue the voice of the customer
- You’re a strong communicator who’s not afraid to ask the right questions
- You are looking for a company with a proven revenue model, an experienced executive team, solid funding, and a strong strategic plan to blow the socks off our competition
If you’re looking for an opportunity to show off the very best of your skills, in an environment of trust, respect and flexibility, this might very well be the best job you’ll ever have.
Benefits and Perks
TeamSnap provides you with a phenomenal culture, lots of opportunity to develop professionally, and the ability to demonstrate what you can achieve. Benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Medical/dental/vision for you and your family
- Education reimbursement up to $1,500/yr
- Wellness stipend of $50/mo
- Free TeamSnap service for your family and friends
- Free TeamSnap swag
- Flexible PTO and vacation policy
Inclusion and Diversity
TeamSnap is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are a company built around trust, kindness and collaboration, where diverse backgrounds, experiences and viewpoints are celebrated and valued. This is a place where everybody belongs. TeamSnap does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, age, ethnic or national origin, or any other basis protected by all local, state or federal laws.