VTEX is the only multitenant commerce platform capable of unifying experiences in all sales channels. With a robust solution, scalable cloud infrastructure and powerful tooling, our platform accelerates the transformation of complex operations.
More than 2900 renowned companies of varying sizes and segments, with operations in 42 countries and in global expansion, have at VTEX the solution for the online sale of their products, among them major names such as Sony, Motorola, Walmart, Whirlpool, Coca-Cola, Stanley Black & Decker, and Nestlé.
TRUST TO BE TRUSTED: We believe with eyes closed and delegate responsibilities. To be trustworthy you need honesty, transparency and consistency in quality and performance. This is the great pillar of all relationships that involve VTEX within and outside the company. We’re trust-first.
BUILD FOR COMMUNITY: It’s all about being ready to grow and reach new levels with others. Have a clear purpose, collective thinking and a flexible essence, and you’re building for community. We are global but we’re audacious enough to aim for the stars.
BE BOLD: Boldness is about challenging the status quo and not being afraid to make mistakes or take risks. We test new alternatives, walk into the unknown and explore possibilities no one thought about. To be bold is to apologize instead of asking for permission.
We're building the infrastructure for global commerce. We create solutions that range from e-commerce to physical store solutions, but also extend to financial services and even tools to empower partners and clients’ devs. Among our biggest technical challenges:
• Build services and workflows that are adaptable enough to fit our current and future enterprise demands
• Evolve and scale our infrastructure to keep up with our 50% YOY growth
• Deliver our engineering expertise through our serverless development platform
Here at VTEX, a Software Engineer in Test is a developer responsible for writing frameworks and tools to test products, besides design tests itself. It is a challenging and an incredibly unique role and provides great opportunity to design and develop scalable and wide-reaching tools.
HOW WE WORK
We work directly with Software Engineers to understand project features, help at software documentation, implement automated test tools, review technical and test designs, help deliver quality features, but always searching for maximum quality deliveries.
As an engineer who takes care of overall quality of our products, you'll get to:
- Understanding the flow of code and how it interacts with different components.
- Understanding project documents, customer demands, and product objectives to create and execute test cases.
- Setting up, maintaining, and performing test automation frameworks on multiple application platforms, such as Mobile, Desktop, and Web, and building test scenarios and acceptance tests.
- Investigating customer problems referred to you by the technical support team, testing bugs, and creating and managing bug reports.
- Handling technical communications and understanding the customers' systems.
- Working with deployments teams, resolving level issues for systems, coordinating on product design, and offering inputs on the testability of functional elements and product designs.
- Analyzing and disintegrating software systems and coordinating with other teams to enhance the overall design.
- Researching test tools, methodologies, and trends and upgrading existing practices and processes.
- Managing the final quality on production release.
What we use:
- AWS and Jenkins services to Continuous Integration
- JMeter, Postman/newman, Selenium, Cypress to automate our different types of tests.
- Slack and bots to automate our activities.
- Jira to manage daily activities, backlog and team allocation.
You should apply if:
- Working with our tech and learning about commerce sounds exciting
- You are keen to learn new concepts and not afraid to adapt to new paradigms
- Working in a team that values initiative and ownership feels right to you
- You are able to design simple solutions to complex problems
- You are willing to question and suggest alternatives to existing approaches
Even though we value familiarity with our technology stack, we don't require that you have any previous knowledge of it. We’ve found that people who have a solid grasp of fundamental engineering skills combined with a growth mindset fit in well at VTEX - and all the people we've found with this profile proficient in at least one programming stack.
If you like how we think and want to see more about our challenges, let's talk!
• Competitive compensation
• Flexible work schedule
• Food voucher (Flash)
• Health, dental and life insurance
• Child care assistance
• Extended parental leaves
• Gympass partnership (access to 2700+ gyms)
• Language scholarship: 65% subsidies in English, Spanish and Portuguese courses
• Free shipping on 1000+ VTEX stores
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
We believe that inclusion inspires innovation and strong teams thrive inside diverse environments. We are committed to a hiring process that ensures equal opportunities for all, regardless of ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
This is a job opening for a permanently remote position.
VTEX continues to hire remotely for all on-site roles, all interviewing and onboarding are done virtually due to COVID-19. We have Product Hubs in Rio de Janeiro, Curitiba and João Pessoa.