Software Engineer III
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Software Development
Limelight Health is thrilled to announce recent acquisition by the FINEOS Corporation. Read more about the merger.
Together, we help our customers care for the people they serve through the delivery of superior insurance technology. Our Mission is to be the 'global market leader in core systems for group and individual, life, accident & health on a single software platform'.
FINEOS people are customer-centric, team players and high achievers. Our environment is built on trust and collaboration, where we challenge positively, innovate and collaborate to deliver great results.
What will you be doing?
As a Senior Java Software Engineer you will join our highly skilled Platform team, working on our FINEOS Digital Platform implementation projects. As part of a project team, working in conjunction with our internal and external customer's you will develop new Platform features, influence architectural decisions, innovate and propose improvements while also mentoring more junior Java developers.
All of our Software engineers work closely and collaborate with other developers, testers, Business and technical consultants and other cross functional team members, adhering to our standards and processes. Our implementation projects generally follow the principles of Agile methodologies, working primarily as part of either a FINEOS or a Customers implementation scrum team
What do we need?
FINEOS are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer with excellent design and java development programming skills. The successful candidate must have an aptitude for considering the bigger picture, the knowledge to consider all options, the innovation to select the best solution, and the determination to take the solution to completion, while maintaining a focus on delivering quality and value to the customer.
As part of this position we will be looking for excellent communication and estimation skills.
Why work in this team?
The role provides you the opportunity to further develop your Software development skills, while developing technical architecture and leadership skills through working as a part of a team committed to delivering quality software for our internal and customers around the globe. As the successful candidate you will be given significant training on latest software industry practices as well as Java development. You will get exposure to and experience of working with cloud technologies. As part of an expanding company and Agile development organisation there will be significant opportunities to further your career.
Software Engineer III Overview:
Work as a team in a technical, creative, driven environment with other engineers as we reinvent health insurance quoting!
The Limelight Platform is an end-to-end, cloud-based, desktop and mobile insurance quoting and underwriting solution for B2B insurance professionals that is leading the technical revolution of the industry.
- Bachelor's degree (BS/BA) in Computer Information Systems, Software Engineering or a related field preferred or equivalent experience.
- 5-7+ years in an operational role with proven success with in the Enterprise SaaS industry
- 3-5+ years in a team leadership role.
- Lead a team of engineers in day-to-day activities.
- Provide leadership and mentoring of junior engineers
- Owning functional product areas and become a subject matter expert
- Developing and supporting a large enterprise application in production with significant daily usage.
- Supporting and implementing the latest standards in securing data at rest and in transit
- Developing and managing a robust set of RESTful APIs
- Executing full lifecycle software development
- Programming well-designed, testable, efficient code
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Troubleshoot, debug and patch existing systems
- Produce clean, efficient code based on specifications
- Integrate software components and third-party APIs
- Create technical documentation for reference and reporting
- Responsive Web Application development
- Cross browser compatibility
- Unit testing (Jasmine/Karma)
- Angular Material
- Promises with Q node
- Promises with $q
- AWS & AWS CLI
- RESTful Services
- Understanding of containerization (Docker)
- Industry experience a plus
Competencies & Skills:
Priority Setting/ Initiative
Dealing With Ambiguity
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈