Software Engineer, Growth
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Software Development
- Work with marketing and design to build a highly polished web experience that clearly lays out Brex’s brand and value proposition.
- Run multiple experiments to optimize funnel conversion.
- Build a responsive user experience across both desktop & mobile.
- Maintain a component library of abstractions that allow us to quickly and easily push high quality content to our site.
- Maintain the website’s server-side infrastructure to leverage search engine optimization for discoverability.
- Build tools that allow non-technical teammates to quickly iterate on content and layout to ensure we have high conversion rates.
- Uphold our high engineering standards and bring consistency to the codebases, infrastructure, and processes you will encounter.
- Taking an interest in growth, acquisition, and design, and being able to collaborate with those teams in non-technical terms.
- Experience translating designs and interactions into code, and allowing others to do so with tools like CMS and A/B testing software.
- Taking pride in working on projects to successful completion, involving a wide variety of technologies and systems.
- An ability to coordinate work with stakeholders across different teams and ensure projects are delivered in time for product launches
- Putting yourself in the shoes of your users, and creating an intuitive, delightful experience.
- Holding yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems.
- Thriving in a collaborative environment, filled with a diverse group of people with different expertise and backgrounds (we currently have over 30 nationalities represented, with more than ½ the company working in a country different from the one they grew up in).
- We work in an environment where it matters to make the right design decisions the first time, and as a result, take on less technical debt than other companies.
- We’re big fans of functional programming, especially given the effect of bugs in this space! We work closely with the Elixir community, and are always looking at increasing our open source contributions more broadly.
- Product is a highly collaborative initiative across multiple teams. Engineers are expected to understand and have product input, designing systems towards our long-term product vision.
- We'd rather have one strong, well-compensated engineer, instead of having 5 average engineers. Our customers are fine with fewer features, but are not ok with broken features.
- We believe in two equal track career growths between senior individual contributors and managers. We want people to contribute where they feel most impactful.
- We believe in small, accountable and autonomous teams of amazing people, eager to learn, teach and constantly improve our way of working.
- People have a strong sense of ownership and accountability for what they’re building. What we build today will be the foundation for dozens of other systems in the future.
- We are very frank on discussing technical matters. If one disagrees with how things are being done, we encourage them to speak up and help us get to the truth faster.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈