Software Engineer - Full Stack
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Italy
Category: Software Development
We are a digital healthcare company specialized in building AI systems to monitor people’s health. Since 2013, we have been making beautifully designed wearables, software platforms and tools, and advanced algorithms, unlocking better health outcomes for thousands of people.
Our customers range from some of the world’s largest institutions to individual users who message us every day and tell us how our products changed their lives. Our newest wearable, EmbracePlus, is sponsored by NASA and will be used to monitor the health of the astronauts onboard the first ever manned mission to Mars. Pharmaceutical companies are using our research platform to fast-track the development of new treatments, while hundreds of academic researchers publish new discoveries on human behavior weekly, all made possible by our E4 smartband and software tools.
And we just partnered with the US’ Department of Health and Human Services to accelerate the release our wearable COVID-19 early detection system.
If you are looking to join a fast-paced growth environment and do meaningful work that can really make a change in people’s lives, keep reading.
The new team player
As a Full Stack Software Engineer you will be responsible for building complex products that span from web services to data analysis, in the consumer and research areas. You’ll be working closely with a team of Full stack, Cloud, and Frontend Engineers: our stack features some of the most exciting technologies out there (languages such as Typescript and Go, frameworks like React and Angular, and a wild number of AWS services).
Your contribution to the mission
In addition, working together with other software engineers you will:
- Design and develop new web services for web and mobile native apps
- Build the infrastructure for our complex data pipeline
- Define mid and long term plans for scaling the technological stack
This is more than just a coding role. You'll have the chance to use your expertise and knowledge to discuss the architecture of the platform we're building, and it's evolution.
The ideal candidate for this role
- Has prior experience building REST services (2+ years)
- Has extensive knowledge of software architecture
- Has knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases
- Has exceptional judgment and instinct on design tradeoffs and balancing simplicity vs. extensibility
- Has hands-on experience with Kubernetes and/or Docker
You and Empatica would be a perfect match if you are:
- A very quick learner
- Fun and easy to work with
- A hard-worker and collaborative
- A doer, with an excellent execution mindset
- Proficient in English (mother tongue is highly appreciated)
- An outstanding planner, with excellent time management and multitasking skills
- Focused on quality and excellence
- Flexible in terms of working time
- A problem-solving hustler who can take on any big or small project
- Passionate about our products and our mission
You will join a fast-growing, diverse team of 70+ brilliantly talented humans, who care passionately about what we do and the difference we are making in the world. You’ll get the opportunity to work directly with engineers, data scientists, and designers, across all levels of the organization.
At Empatica, we believe in a work environment that fosters autonomy, mastery, and purpose. We also believe in flexibility, so you will have the opportunity to work remotely in this position.
All you need to do is show us that you have skills and that you are a team player. Once you join our team as a Cloud Engineer, you will have full control of your schedule and can decide when you'll work from the comfort of your home or when you'll prefer to mingle with your awesome team members in the office.
If you jump on board, we can guarantee it won't be an easy ride, but it will be one of the most rewarding experiences in your career, one that will allow you to learn a lot and test your whole skill-set on multiple projects, which are already helping thousands of people worldwide.
- Highly competitive salary
- We have offices in Milan City Center and Downtown Boston. And every summer, we hold an amazing beach retreat in Sardinia, Italy
- Free lunch - yes, being in Italy, it's something you should care about!
- Organic fresh fruit
- Your personal MacBook
- Flexible working hours
- Free, superior Italian coffee - of course
- Free cookies, if you deserve them
- Much more...
At Empatica, we support the personal and professional growth of our employees. Beyond the above, you’ll have the possibility to attend conferences, receive dedicated training, and participate in activities relevant to where you want your career to go.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Italy.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈