Software Engineer - Developer Tools & Experience
4 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Software Development
Linode is looking for a Software Engineer, specializing in Open-Source and Developer Tooling, to join the Product Development department. As a member of our team, your primary responsibilities will include creating a suite of tools that enable the modern developer to have a simpler experience with Linode offerings.
Our team develops partnerships with tool providers, building on our API to create consumable open source projects, and fostering a community of users. We do our best work when we behave with empathy, make data-driven decisions, and have direct experience with our services.
As a Software Engineer on the Developer Tools & Experience (DX) team, you'll build products and services that enable our customers to manage their Linodes and cloud services programmatically through configuration management, infrastructure as code, and containerization.
We're a highly collaborative team with a focus on agile development and innovative solutions. We encourage and reward curiosity, ingenuity, and technical skill. If you like ambitious projects that have a huge impact, solving problems, and helping others, you'll enjoy working at Linode!
You don't have to have experience with all of these, but you should have experience with some of them and an interest to learn others:
- Bash, Python, Go, and/or similar
- e.g. Terraform, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt
- Linux systems and virtualization
- Participate in open source projects
- Engineer the convenience of accessing our services through third-party products
- Research trends and opportunities around infrastructure automation tooling
- Help shape public-relations in developer communities
- Coordinate with internal product teams
- 1+ years of software development experience, with one or more general-purpose programming languages.
- Experience with cloud services and automation.
- Contributions to open-source projects
- Experience with containerization (e.g. Docker)
- Experience with automated testing
- Experience with build and deployment automation
- Experience working with Kubernetes
- Philadelphia Office: HQ is one of the coolest tech buildings in Philly; join us on N3RD street! (https://www.linode.com/press/linode-buys-real-world-bank-for-phila-office)
- Flexible work hours: We have remote work options, flexible start times, and a very generous paid time off package.
- Unbelievable benefits: We provide comprehensive health insurance, 401(k) contributions, a profit-sharing program, and pension plans.
- Monthly wellness reimbursements: up to $100 towards gym memberships, diet plans, massages, etc.
- A MacBook Pro: to use around the office and at home.
- Free hosting service: Take advantage of some Linode service - we'll pick up the tab.
- Linode Lunch: What goes better with technology than food? Nothing. We'll bring in a catered lunch every week.
- Competitive salary: It all begins with fair compensation. We believe in paying people well and rewarding those who go the extra mile.
Equal Employment, Equal Treatment, No Judgment
Linode is committed to a culture that creates a sense of inclusion and belonging. We understand that teams perform their best when they include people with diverse backgrounds and differing perspectives, but also that to achieve greatness, people need to feel like they can be themselves; they need to be equal, included, and comfortable in order to perform at their best. Linode stands for equal pay, equal treatment, and equal experiences for all of our people, past, present, and future, regardless of age, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexuality, socioeconomic class, disability status, or any other differentiating factor. We strive to make sure every last person who we interact with feels like they belong and has the same opportunities as everyone else.
Since 2003, Linode has been providing cloud computing services to customers around the world. Linode offers compute, storage, and networking services from data centers in regions spanning across North America, Europe, Asia, and Oceania. We are committed to making Linode the most simple, powerful and reliable hosting provider that thousands of customers—from the fastest-growing startups to established enterprises—trust. This industry moves fast, but we strive to hire the kind of people who can stay a step ahead and keep us - and themselves - at the top. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming workplace for all.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈