Hunter is a company founded 4 years ago in France by Antoine and François. Our goal is to make it easier for businesses to connect with each other. We make it happen by continually analyzing public data on the web and make it easy and practical to search.
We built Hunter to match our needs and aspirations (hopefully, you'll share them too!). This means we're bootstrapped and don't intend to raise any funds. And because we're building a real long-term business, we've made sure to be profitable from the start. We have the liberty to exclusively focus on providing the most value possible to our users.
Maintaining a small group is essential to us as it creates tighter bonds, increases productivity and eases communication. We're currently a team of 6 and love it this way. We're all in a different country (🇫🇷,🇩🇪,🇧🇦,🇪🇸,🇹🇭,🇨🇦) meaning working remotely is in our DNA.
You’ll have the lead on the Go application managing Hunter’s business database. We're looking for someone eager to build the most comprehensive database of companies and professionals by using the web. Billions of pages of unstructured HTML data don’t scare you away; they give you ideas!
We’re looking for an imaginative developer. We’re processing vast amounts of data to help hundreds of thousands of professionals… all of this with a tiny but mighty team! To succeed, we need to be more creative than anyone else.
Your mission will include writing Go code to collect, process and organize our data. We’re also starting to use machine learning to bring Hunter’s data to the next level. Ideally, you’re also curious and skilled in deployments of applications to find the best setup to run the code you’ll write.
- You’re a skilled and experienced Go developer writing high quality, maintainable and testable code (if you think you’re a perfect fit but are new to Go, you can still apply)
- You’re able to find simple and elegant solutions to complex problems
- You have a good understanding of what makes an efficient SQL request (bonus points for familiarities with PostgreSQL)
- You know how to deploy applications on cloud platforms (bonus points for familiarities with Docker and Kubernetes)
- You’re fluent in English
- You believe in shipping fast, but also shipping quality work to avoid technical debt
- You love working remotely while maintaining great relationships with your team members
This job isn't for everyone. But if you're looking to work remotely, in a small business having an impact on hundreds of thousands of professionals, and with plenty of time aside from your work, then it should be perfect!
The team gathers during company retreats three times per year, each time in a new location in Europe. During these one-week events, the team gets to know each other and prepare the projects for the following months.
Being part of the Hunter team will also get you:
- A competitive salary with no negotiation
- 5 weeks of paid vacation per year
- 3 company retreats in Europe every year
- Fully-paid setup to get started (including a Macbook Pro, standing desk and ergonomic chair)
- $5,000 vacation bonus per year for a far-away trip
- An awesome team 🤗
If you’re curious to learn more about the hiring process, we wrote a blog post about it. And if you have some questions for us, you’ll find our contact information on our About page.