Software Engineer, Android
1 month ago
We’re building the first mobile platform for early education – a $60B market in the US alone – with the largest network of schools and providers across the globe. Based in San Francisco, Denver, & Austin, our team is passionate, talented, and customer-focused. We feel fortunate to be able to build a platform that has a measurable impact on the daily lives of teachers, parents, and kids. The team includes former Amazon, eBay, LinkedIn, Square, and Zynga staffers, and investors include GGV Capital, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, Eniac, ICONIQ, Bessemer Ventures, and Mark Cuban.
Brightwheel's mobile team develops efficient and innovative tools for teachers to manage their schools and classrooms, and gives parents a direct window into their child's day.
Each mobile engineer has a high degree of ownership and autonomy. We’re a lean, fast-moving team that prefers to avoid meetings and focus 100% on driving impact. We’re looking for a talented individual to help build a reliable, performant, and intuitive mobile platform. If you’re proficient in Android development and have a strong understanding of good UX, brightwheel's mobile team may be for you.
- Be responsible for building the brightwheel Android app that thousands of parents and teachers see every day
- Participate in defining the long-term architecture of the Android app
- Hold yourself accountable to metrics that validate the impact of the work you do
- Partner with product, marketing, and customer success to foster innovation in classrooms
Ideal Candidates Will Have:
- 3+ years of professional software development experience
- Proficiency in Java and Kotlin
- Deep technical knowledge of the Android SDK
- Comfortable building and/or consuming REST APIs- Experience with ReactiveX
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive
- A passion for improving the world through education
Brightwheel is proud to celebrate diversity and is committed to building an inclusive workplace regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click
to report dead link!