3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Remote / Europe
Category: Software Development
- You'll participate in crafting a strong product driven engineering culture that places a heavy emphasis on product thinking throughout the entire development lifecycle to maximize user impact
- You'll grow GitBook's impact on millions of users by solving technical product challenges of high scope and complexity
- You'll leverage a product driven approach to crafting our unique, highly scalable solutions for complex systems with a serverless philosophy that drives our application
- You'll own the implementation of new features from concept to production, including proposal, discussion, and execution
- You'll contribute to the definition and be the advocate of our internal standards for style, maintainability and best practices
- You'll provide mentorship for engineers to help them grow in their technical responsibilities and remove blockers
- Technical stack: We’re working on a server-less architecture (using Firebase and Google Cloud services) in NodeJS and React (both in TypeScript). Here's our stackshare.io page to learn more about our stack.
- How we work: Engineering works to continuously delivering value, focusing on shipping as a team. We use a lightweight Kanban process that prioritizes throughput and delivery of value as defined by user impact and reach. We celebrate our successes every Friday with a public Show and Tell and manage workload every Monday with a kickoff. As a product focused company, Engineering works in tandem with Product to help create value from idea inception to value delivery.
- your teamwork You understand that value is created and delivered to users. You help the team operate openly and transparently, elevating the quality of documentation and our rigour. You grow through experimentation and lead with compassion, improving the organization and your teammates.
- your technical expertise, as you already have extensive experience (+5 years) working with Typescript, ReactJS and NodeJS.
- your engineering experience, as you have a strong understanding of how a web application is built and delivered to end-users. You are comfortable with topics such as performance optimisation, data synchronisation, and caching. Your experience in application monitoring and debugging will also be valued and it will be an added plus if you have experience with server-less infrastructure.
- your product-oriented mindset. You are driven by creating values for ours users, and not solely by solving hard tech problems. You have past experience owning a project from concept to production, with a focus on the end user and final impact. You approach engineering with an empathy driven mindset that keeps a broader context when executing.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Remote / Europe.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈