Remote (UTC +/- 2)
In a nutshell
A polyglot, open-source loving engineer to tackle challenges in data collection and activation.
The open-source technology at Snowplow empowers people to differentiate with data. Running on AWS and GCP data technologies, it is the platform for teams who want to serve complex data use cases in an increasingly privacy and security conscious world.
We collect, validate, enrich and load billions of events for our customers each day, who also benefit from our online experience and expertise in running our own tech.
It’s an exciting time here at Snowplow. We are actively selling in 14 countries with hundreds of customers and thousands of open-source users; Snowplow is well placed to weather the ongoing economic storm, having recently closed its Series A2 fundraising with Atlantic Bridge and MMC Ventures.
There is plenty of opportunity to move around our team, however the near-term home for this role is to work in our team responsible for creating the technology that serves data use cases. In short, this includes tracker libraries (web, mobile, server-side), data models, and relays to destinations. It’s a very multiskilled team, so a range of software engineering experience would be valuable to us. If you have enjoyed learning a wide variety of languages, and applying the right one to the right problem, this role is for you.
You will be joining a team of 20+ remote engineers who work closely with our product, support and customer teams. There is a huge opportunity to learn more about all aspects of engineering and data, from code to customers.
What you’ll be doing
● Designing user friendly APIs and solving complex problems in collecting behavioural data from browsers, apps and services in our open-source trackers.
● Adding capabilities to our data models, data model tooling and relays to help our customers and community make use of this data.
● Engage with our users via slick documentation and through our forums
● Working in a productive, empowered team. Everyone says this, but we’re really doing it. Comes talk to us about how.
We’d love to hear from you if
● The idea of working for a growing, funded startup excites you.
● You have experience working in a variety of languages, ideally including web, mobile and server side experience, although experience in all 3 is not essential.
● Data integrity is fundamental to what we do, so you’ll need a solid understanding of challenges in maintaining it and how to overcome them.
● Our remote team depends on expert collaborators to work effectively. You’ll be a great communicator and enjoy working closely with the team.
● Previous experience in data is a plus, but most importantly you have an interest in data and how it empowers companies to make better decisions.
● You don’t wait to be told what to do. You can understand a problem, drive toward a solution and recognise when you need support or more direction.
● We can’t do everything today. You’ll be pragmatic in your approach to software delivery and balance our speed of learning with our commitment to providing a reliable and trusted service to customers.
What you’ll get in return:
● A competitive package, including share options
● 25 days of holiday a year (plus public holidays)
● Freedom to work from wherever suits you best
● Cycle to work scheme
● Two fantastic company Away Weeks in a different European city each year (or when this isn’t possible, we have “Stay Away Weeks”)
● Mental health support including therapy sessions
● Work alongside a supportive and talented team with the opportunity to work on cutting edge technology and challenging problems
● Grow and develop in a fast-moving, collaborative organisation
● MacBook Pro
● Convenient location in central London for those who want to work there
● Continuous supply of Pact coffee and healthy snacks in the office when you’re here!
Snowplow is dedicated to building and supporting a brilliant, diverse and hugely inclusive team. We don't discriminate against gender, race, religion or belief, disability, age, marital status or sexual orientation. Whatever your background may be, we welcome anyone with talent, drive and emotional intelligence.