3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Software Development
Looking to code with a purpose? Freedom to think and work independently? Solve problems that matter? Fight the national infrastructure crisis head on? Well then, keep on reading.
WHO WE ARE
Optimize Your Buildings and Infrastructure with Cartegraph.
Cities and Counties. Colleges and Universities. Parks, Utilities, Commercial Campuses, and More.
Cartegraph builds safer, more resilient, and more sustainable communities through better stewardship of buildings and infrastructure. We build, sell, and implement powerful, intuitive software solutions that help local governments, utilities, universities, and commercial campuses manage operations and maintenance activities across their buildings and infrastructure portfolio. With Cartegraph, users optimize the performance of their assets, drive efficiencies, improve space utilization, maximize resources, and reduce costs through smarter, data-driven decisions.
Cartegraph is seeking a talented, motivated Software Engineer to build out web applications for high-performance organizations. You’ll collaborate with a wicked smart team to build cutting-edge products that are changing the way our cities and counties run.
You’ll build web applications using modern tools and frameworks—including Angular, TypeScript, and Ionic. Our back-end is C# .NET with SQL Server. We automate everything from check-in to deployment, employing Agile DevOps principles. You’ll also work with the latest tools like Visual Studio 2019, Visual Studio Code, Azure DevOps, GIT and Azure to create user experiences our customers will love.
Really like where you live? No worries, relocating to Dubuque, IA is not required. We’ve built a remote culture (years before the pandemic) that allows you to work from anywhere. We have special meet-ups every year to team build, kick back, and have fun.
WHAT YOU’LL DO…
- Work with a crack team that includes Developers, Testers, Business Analysts and UX Designers to help change the world.
- Test your skills every day by solving challenging and diverse technical problems.
- Grow your career with several opportunities to mentor and lead projects.
- Participate in lively technology discussions where your opinion is truly valued and respected.
- Work on industry leading, exceptionally flexible, metadata driven web and mobile applications.
- Produce high-quality code that includes unit tests and code reviews.
- Stay current with the latest, most relevant technologies and trends.
- Reviews technical publications, articles, and abstracts to stay abreast of technical developments in industry and works toward continuous quality improvement.
- Attends meetings as scheduled.
- Performs miscellaneous related duties as requested by management.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE...
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- You have a 4-year degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- You’re a full-stack developer with experience with technologies, like Angular, Ionic, .NET and Microsoft SQL Server.
- You understand scalable SaaS based applications.
- You have experience with Microsoft Azure.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- You appreciate the importance of writing testable and maintainable code.
- You take pride and ownership in the software and user experiences you create.
- You believe in Agile and continuous deployment to obtain rapid customer feedback.
- You are a confident, forward-thinker who’s solid in web, object-oriented and Agile processes and concepts.
- You’re professional, but know how to have fun while killing it.
- You're innovative, and don't settle for the status quo.
- You have a passion for mastering new technologies.
- You’re self-motivated and productive in a 100% remote environment.
- You’re organized, manage your time well, and stand behind your work.
Minimal, up to 10%
We tried to narrow down to just 5 reasons to work here, but it was impossible.
- Opportunities to apply your skills and experiences with an established industry leader
- Collaborative work environment
- Generous personal training budget (that can be used towards your favorite Tech Conference)
- Co-workers with a passion for what they do
- Casual and flexible work environment
- Competitive pay and benefits
- 15 days of PTO in just your first year (whoa)
- Paid parental leave
- One week sabbatical every five years
- Paid holidays (plus a couple extra days)
- 401k plan with generous employer match
- Social events, coffee and snacks, foosball and more...
Learn more about working at Cartegraph and our Midwest-Nice culture:
In our efforts to recruit those who will elevate our success and ensure a proper career fit, we invite you to complete the Culture Index Survey. The survey contains two questions and should take no more than 10-15 minutes. If you have questions, please contact [email protected]
Cartegraph is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and do not tolerate discrimination of any kind. If you are unable to complete our online employment application or require an accommodation to do so, please call 563-587-3366 for assistance.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈