3 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Anywhere (+/- 4h of PST)
Category: Software Development
42 is an end-to-end analytics stack for retailers & brands!
Whether it's store managers running a/b tests on new product placement, CEOs looking at their global store performance, or merchandisers planning the next season, our platform enables retailers and brands to get instant visibility in their business.
The majority of retailers don't have the in-house expertise to spin up data infrastructure. Instead they piece together reports on a daily basis in excel. This works fine for small eCommerce brands, but not for retailers in the $50 Million -$5 Billion USD range. That's where we come in.
We offer our customers:
* Retail-specific dashboard: 100s of best-practice metrics / visuals built-in
* Custom integration: we make their data & systems work with our platform
* Hosted infrastructure: we own the pipelines & data warehouse
We also have a special business model for retailers which we're happy to share with you during the interview ;)
* We have high user engagement & high client loyalty
* We run the analytics for brands your grandma knows
* We are growing & profitable
* Seed-stage & YC-backed
* Small team, lots of opportunities to grow and shape the future of the company
* We are a no ego, no bs, collaborative group passionate about helping our customers
* App: NodeJS (coffeescript & typescript), Angular
* Data: PySpark, SAP HANA (postgres-like)
* Infra: AWS, GCP, Docker
* Optimizing our query engine such that every query runs under 5s
* Automating the integration process by improving our underlying spark framework
* Creating connectors that allows us to add customer-specific tweaks
* Generalizing new features so that they work with all of our customers and can support many use cases
* Rewrite our admin portal from scratch (and choose framework for dashboard v2)
* Pair program a new customer onboarding
* Email template editor for our report scheduler
* Replace our data warehouse with Spark 3.0 + GPUs
* Spin up an image & cache resizing proxy
* Data source health monitor
* KPI triggers: send notification on out of stocks
* GPT-3 + 42 = ?
* Can overlap ~4hrs with UTC-8 (San Francisco) timezone
* Strong programming skills with languages like JS/TS and/or Python
* 3+ years professional software development experience
* Bachelor's degree in STEM (or equivalent) preferred
* Familiar with SQL and data modeling
* Familiar with cloud platforms like AWS or GCP
* Can work well as part of a fast-paced remote-first startup
* Self-motivated, resourceful and can get things done with minimal direction
* Passionate about eliminating technical debt
* Competitive equity package
* Flexible vacation policy
* Special requests welcome!
* Company meetup every 3-6 months in real life (once it is safe to do so)
* Special requests welcome!
To prove you read this job posting as a real human, please put "BRING TOWEL" in the subject line when sending your application!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Anywhere (+/- 4h of PST).
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈