3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: UK Only
Category: Software Development
The role presents an excellent opportunity for candidates to be part of an agile team of highly skilled developers and designers. With a hands-on approach, you will provide technical direction for design, development and maintenance of software.
We have a range of systems including our web site, mobile app, administration system, partner portal and embedded systems - used in third party websites (desktop and mobile). We are constantly developing all of these to add new features, handle increasing scale, improve usability and support new platforms.
You will be working closely with Software Architects, Lead Engineers, UX Designers, and other developers to create new and improve existing features as well as liaising with our Systems Administrators and user support team to investigate and resolve issues.
Our stack is ever growing, but currently includes:
- C# ASP.NET Core / 4.7+
- PostgreSQL / DynamoDB / Elasticsearch / SQL Server
- Graphite / InfluxDB / Grafana
- Node / Python
- HTML5/CSS3/LESS/SASS, ECMAScript 6
- Infrastructure: Docker, AWS+Cloudformation
Know something different right now? Tell us about it, we’re always open to ideas.
Everything we do is hosted in AWS, if you’ve never used it we’ll teach you, if you’re experienced we want to hear from you.
The position is offered as a remote role within the UK.
Include but not limited to
- Be a positive influence and motivate your team members
- Work with the Product and Engineering teams to deliver new features, user journeys and platform improvements
- Understand the lifecycle of tasks including inputting into requirements, provide feedback and writing technical specifications
- Be part of a ‘delivery with high quality’ culture that is accountability and results orientated
- Help continuously improve processes and skills
- Provide technical direction for design, development, testing and deployment from definition phase through planning, implementation and maintenance
- Take responsibility for technical implementations and communication of progress to sponsors and stakeholders
Passion is the most important quality you can have.
We can and will teach someone who is willing to learn. You have a good understanding of C#, HTTP and the web paradigm. You have demonstrable experience with the MVC pattern.
You push for positive change within yourself, your team, your department and your business. We want to be challenged by you and to challenge you in order to improve us both. Everything is open for review and we take continuous improvement seriously.
You have a good sense of humour and excellent communication skills. You have the ability to listen and take critical feedback as well as contribute to group discussions and can articulate your opinions concisely. It’s obvious to everyone around you that you have fun with your work and with your co-workers – because they are doing the same.
You love to teach and learn from your co-workers and we love to teach you too. Tell us what you have been reading recently and what has been piquing your interest at the moment.
We've accomplished a lot since we started in 2011, but in many ways, this is just the beginning. This is the chance for you to get in on the ground zero. An opportunity to make a difference within business with global reach.
We offer a fast paced, fun & social working environment where you can truly make an impact with your work. We work hard at UNiDAYS, but we also believe in fair compensation for hard work. That's why we're pleased to offer all employees full access to our comprehensive benefits package. This includes:
- 25 days holiday per year increasing with length of service plus flexible bank holidays
- Competitive salaries
- Company bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Income protection policy
- Life assurance policy
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: UK Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈