1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Software Development
Kumanu is an innovative technology company synthesizing breakthrough behavioral and data science with elegant design to deliver performance through purpose to individuals, teams, organizations, and communities. We prize ideas, creative problem solving, a vibrant sense of humor, and above all, a passion for the role purpose plays in our lives. We offer excellent pay and benefits and a positive, dynamic, collaborative and purpose-driven work environment.
Kumanu is currently seeking an enthusiastic software engineer to join our team full-time. The position will be remote to start, but eventually could be located in our Ann Arbor headquarters or continue to be remote. A person joining the team would be building out our platform and interacting with the rest of the team in a flexible and collaborative way. Our software engineers are encouraged to provide ideas and feedback to make our applications better for our users. Kumanu has a strong focus on ensuring the applications we build are accessible and highly usable and we value related feedback.
- Create high quality and engaging functionality in an Agile development environment
- Stay abreast of new technologies, approaches, tools
- Provide feedback on software design and specifications
- Follow code management best practices to enable effective collaboration with other developers
- Create automated tests to ensure stable, predictable software
- Suggest process improvements
Necessary Technical Skills:
- Ability to create application features from detailed specs and designs with attention to detail, proper semantics and maintainability
- Strong background in Node.js, PostgreSQL/SQL
- Ability to plan, architect, and develop SQL database tables from specs and designs
- Ability to develop and optimize SQL queries
- Ability to create both RESTful JSON APIs and GraphQL endpoints
- Experiences with automated testing tools
Bonus Points for:
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with AWS (Amazon Web Services)
- Skill in any of: Flutter/Dart, Angular, Typescript, Content Management Systems, Python
- Experience using Test Driven Development
Desired Non-Technical Skills:
- Strong problem solving skills including identifying problems and developing and evaluating options
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to work as a member of a highly-interactive team and collaborate with design and product management
- A strong commitment to quality and an understanding of code management and software development best practices
- A desire to learn new things and interest in the latest technologies
- Written and oral communication skills including the ability to be persuasive and adapt communications to the audience and issue
- Ability to manage your time effectively
What Kumanu Provides:
- Great benefits, including platinum health insurance, matching 401k contributions and stock option grants
- Generous PTO that individuals are encouraged to take advantage of
- Flexible working hours, including some potential for working remotely
- Chief Energy Officer Lenny, our Founder's Jack Russell Terrier, is often in the office providing fun and stress relief
- Nap/meditation room and weekly yoga sessions (virtual for now)
- Kitchen with coffee, tea and a variety of healthy (and a few unhealthy) snacks
- Bachelor or Masters degree in technical program or equivalent experience
- 2-5 years working experience
Kumanu is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
At Kumanu, our vision is to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay and do their best work to show the world the importance of purpose in our lives.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈