Software Development Engineer in Test
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Anywhere
Category: Software Development
eyeo is an open-source software company that builds products like Adblock Plus, Adblock Browser and Flattr. By leveraging distribution partnerships, we bring ad-blocking technology everywhere, giving users control over their online experience while offering creators, publishers and advertisers more ways to earn money for the free content they provide.
In combining our reach based on distribution partnerships and our own products, our technology runs on over 150 million devices.
At eyeo, we’re passionate about user agency, personal privacy, sustainability and keeping the web an open, fair resource for everyone.
eyeo colleagues are based all over the world. We practice agile and work in distributed, cross-functional teams that span nearly every timezone. Many of our tech teams prefer to work asynchronously.
Fight bugs through automation and help us ship high quality products! You’ll apply your QA expertise across all product-related teams. Being the central source of knowledge and experience around test automation, you will help set up automation frameworks and mentor QA Engineers to be able to expand our test suite more effectively.
- Define requirements, research appropriate tooling for and manage implementation of automated checks across multiple teams together with QA Engineers
- Collaborate with the QA Engineers to define and implement test environments and test coverage and maintain and extend our test automation infrastructure for mobile apps
- Mentor and train QA Engineers on chosen automation frameworks, so they can continuously contribute to it in their teams
- Collaborate with developers to align unit tests and other forms of test automation within continuous integration frameworks
- Be on top of state of the art processes and tooling around QA automation and getting that knowledge into the teams
- Software development background
- In depth knowledge of Android, specially native apps (we communicate Java/Kotlin with C++ via JNI)
- Experience with software testing and quality assurance, preferably in a CI/CD set-up
- Experience setting up and maintaining test automation frameworks
- Knowledge of source code management tools like Git
- Experience with continuous integration tools (like GitLab CI, Jenkins or similar)
- Familiar with code review processes
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Are familiar with device testing services like Google/Firebase test lab, AWS Device Farm, Browserstack or TestObject
- Experience with Espresso testing
- Feel comfortable in a Unix environment
- Have worked in a team that follows agile practices (Scrum, Kanban, etc)
- Have worked in a distributed team
- Work from home, one of our offices, or a co-working space—we trust you to find what works best for you
- Stipend for one of the following: home office, co-working space, or relocation
- Flexible working hours
- 26 days paid vacation days
- Your choice of hardware and setup
- Personal and professional development budget
- Monthly childcare stipend for children under 6
- Offsite team days and annual summer company retreat in Cologne
- Company-sponsored hackathons
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Anywhere.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈