Software Development Engineer
2 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Software Development
Mercatalyst (creators of meh.com, morningsave.com, sidedeal.com, mediocritee.com, casemates.com, and future projects) is looking for extraordinary Software Development Engineers to work on our ecommerce applications. You’ll be responsible for the software our customers use for online shopping, account management, and the checkout pipeline.
You’ll be expected to develop and maintain our customer facing web applications using modern web frameworks. You will also be expected to develop and maintain the back-end services and APIs needed to power our ecommerce applications. Ideal candidates are those that have experience building highly trafficked websites.
You can expect to be designing and documenting architecture, developing software, and testing applications on a wide variety of browsers and mobile devices. You’ll be asked to gather and analyze real-world data about how the applications are performing and usage metrics about which features are being used the most. You’ll also be working with our design team to help create the customer experience for new features and products.
- Experience building web applications and JSON-based REST APIs with Node.js (Express, Restify, etc.)
- Experience with a variety of database platforms (MongoDB, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- Familiarity with search platforms (Lucene, Solr, ElasticSearch, etc.)
- Familiarity with caching systems (Memcached, Redis, etc.)
- Experience with cloud computing environments (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, etc.)
- Deep expertise in internet protocols (HTTP, SMTP, SSH, TCP, UDP, etc.)
- Knowledge of security best practices
- Experience with DVCS (Git, Mercurial) and Continuous Integration systems
- Experience with APM solutions is a plus (Elasticsearch, Pingdom, NewRelic, Splunk Storm, etc.)
- Experience with analytics platforms is a plus (Google Analytics, Mixpanel, Graphite, Statsd, etc.)
This position is only available to those interested in direct staff employment opportunities. Please note, 1099 or corp-2-corp contractors or the equivalent will NOT be considered. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈