Software Developer, Containers & Integration
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Software Development
Kubos is a software-focused space startup, redefining software’s role in space. We focus on moving satellite operations to the cloud through our Major Tom mission control platform, and work with customers to understand pain points and add value.
In line with our goal of redefining software’s role in space, Kubos is creating a software development and packaging infrastructure to deploy containerized applications to operating satellites--cloud computing in an orbiting constellation. Enterprises will have seamless orchestration of cooperating software across diverse space systems and orbits. But it won’t be without its challenges and that’s where you come in.
We’ll collaborate with government and commercial entities to understand needs and lay down some of the cornerstones, then create the foundation technologies to make this happen. Kubos is looking for highly motivated and capable developers to join our team to move the “edge” in edge computing to space.
Kubos is a 100% remote company since its founding in 2015. We hire the best and brightest talent within the United States.
You will be in a small team responsible for the development and integration of a hybrid container system that will be used to develop and host applications on multiple platforms in the cloud and on various spacecraft. Work will focus on systems-level engineering to adapt off-the-shelf container technologies, create hardware abstraction, and build the tool-chain used to validate, package, and deploy applications.
- Help select base container technologies; develop “hybrid” container-runner and monitoring
- Create a satellite-appropriate hardware abstraction layer, providing portable applications with uniform access to satellite payload instruments
- Stitch together the components of the software build, test, storage, and deploy pipeline
- Aid in customer briefings and reports
Over the next couple of years, you’ll likely be working with
- virtualization technologies like Docker BuildKit, Containerd, runc, libcontainer
- embedded Linux systems
- Microsoft VS Code, Azure cloud and edge computing
- several different programming languages
- Must be a U.S. citizen or U.S. person (green card status), resident in the U.S.
- Experience in non-web development on Linux-based systems
- 4+ years software development experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Work with space enthusiasts bringing modern software development to the satellite industry while using web technologies you know and love. Your code will live on the ground, in the cloud, in space, and eventually in deep space.
- Company pays 100% of healthcare and dental premiums for you and your dependents
- Competitive compensation
- Equity (stock options)
- Work remote with an entirely remote yet well-connected team
- Unlimited vacation
- Home office equipment stipend
- 401K Retirement Plan
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈