Site Reliability Engineer, fully remote (f/*/m)
1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Anywhere
Category: Software Development
Location: No location restrictions, we hire remotely worldwide 🌍
Language: We operate internally and externally in English (US)
Hours: 40 hours per week for full-time. You're free to choose your own hours as long as there's some overlap during the daytime of our CET team for meetings and other internal culture events
Part-time options: We'll consider part-time options for this role, please mention what you're looking for in your application
Salary: Starting at €57,000 - €74,000 for full-time
Note: We've defined a salary range for this role based on the level of initiative and experience we're looking for. This isn't the “limit” and there's room for you to grow at Frontastic.
You'll be part of our growing Cloud Platform team — helping us to build robust systems in order to minimize service disruptions and improve upon existing infrastructure processes.
- Development of the existing google cloud platform. With a high demand for automation
- Assist leads with initiatives for upgrading and scaling systems to maintain and improve availability, reliability, and performance
- Administer, monitor, and deploy systems and services on cloud platforms
- Support other technical teams in monitoring operating efficiencies and responding as needs arise
- Work with global teams of engineers, growing knowledge and skillset
- Automate, develop, administer, monitor, and deploy systems and services on google cloud platforms.
- Assist leads with initiatives for upgrading and scaling our systems to improve availability, reliability, and performance.
- Support other technical teams in operating efficiencies of the platform and responding as needs arise.
- Recommend alternative design and platform decisions (not always green-field).
- Work with global teams of engineers, growing knowledge and skillset.
- Participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation
- We take care that our cloud platform is running. Our team name describes exactly what's central to us: our cloud platform. We see ourselves as an internal service provider and work proactively with our engineers and architects to achieve a platform with the highest level of stability, reliability, and performance. This is where our value Make an impact really drives us every day.
- We're a genuine team. Providing a cloud platform also means meeting the high expectations of our enterprise customers. Every millisecond counts when it comes to the delivery of a digital commerce product. We know we can rely on each other's strengths (We're in this together) — both within the team and beyond the team — we have the support we need to solve any challenge. To share our individual knowledge, we regularly practice pair programming or simply co-working. Working in a geographically distributed team does not mean not working together.
- We're passionate learners. Technology is constantly evolving and we strive to always be on the cutting edge. Our value Thirst for learning has special meaning for our team. Only by learning can we achieve the best possible impact for our customers.
- 2 or more years experience in a Systems Engineer, Site Reliability Engineer, or similar role
- 2 or more years of hands-on experience in managing servers, networks, and infrastructure in a high-availability cloud environment
- Knowledge of using and configuring system health and application performance monitoring tools
- Experience in working with containers and container platforms
- Have previously worked with high scale and/or missing critical systems
- Competent in using UNIX/Linux operating system
- Possess an understanding of continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) and agile software engineering practices
- Experience with GCE, Autoscaling, CloudSQL would be a plus, but not required
- Google Cloud Platform
- Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform for containers
- Cloud SQL
- ElasticSearch and Kibana
- A remote setup and processes tailored for remote workers
- The freedom of planning your work around life and not the other way round — we want you to bring your full self to work, and this includes owning your daily routines
- A company laptop of your choice and a personal budget for any additional equipment you need — you'll be able to purchase it yourself with a virtual company credit card
- A 5-day yearly retreat where we meet with the whole team and spend time together at a beautiful place for additional social bonding
We're a fully remote company, and we've been working that way since being founded in 2017.
Frontastic is a Composable Frontend Platform that unites business and development teams to build commerce sites on top of headless. Our customers see higher conversion rates, increased developer productivity, and a faster time to market.
We're growing our team to reach our mission: Let commerce teams build the incredible. 🚀
If you want to learn more about our product, watch our product demo video.
We've designed our hiring process with the candidate experience in mind. This is important to us as we know to build the best product possible, we need the best people. Learn more about our hiring process.
🕒 We aim to respond to all candidates within 72 hours (except weekends).
1️⃣ Submit your application to our team for review
2️⃣ You'll then be invited to a short technical assessment though Codility
3️⃣ Discovery call (30min) with Kore, our Chief Technology Officer to discuss the role, our culture, and find out if it's a good alignment with your own preferences and skills
4️⃣ Culture questions (via email) to see how you approach important topics such as growth and work planning
5️⃣ Interview (60min) with Manuel, and also with Ray, our System Engineers, to learn more about our Cloud Platform team, infrastructure and
Visit our careers page on our website to find out more about our organization and culture.
If you have any questions about the role, please email us at [email protected]. Please note that applications will only be accepted directly through the job application form.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place:Anywhere.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈