Site Reliability Engineer
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: EMEA Only
Category: Software Development
Join our team either remotely or in our HQ in Amsterdam. This role can be based in any location within the EMEA region.
MessageBird is transforming the communications landscape as one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world. Our cloud communications platform makes it possible for businesses to instantly connect with over 7 billion phones globally, allowing them to speak with their customers in the same ways they talk to their friends.
Our suite provides access to all major messaging channels, from SMS and Voice to WeChat, Messenger, Facebook, WhatsApp and more. We provide out-of-the-box solutions with our own applications like Inbox and Flow Builder, plus a robust set of APIs that simplify workflows and automation.
With over 20,000 customers — including some of the world’s biggest brands like Facebook, Deliveroo, Uber and WhatsApp — it’s likely that you’ve benefited from MessageBird’s omnichannel technology at some point. For small and mid-sized businesses, we also offer support and solutions through an Online Self-Serve (OSS) dashboard.
Our global team is a powerhouse of 350+ employees, who work across eight international offices. We’re excited that you’re here and interested to #jointhenest.
We work fast, grow fast, and build fast. Life at MessageBird moves in fast-forward motion. We’re a team that focuses on making an impact — right from day one. We are go-getters, industry leaders, and dreamers. Risk takers. Roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen kind of people. We thrive on transparency, and we value solution-minded attitudes.
We are all driven by one ethos: Get Shit Done. We love shaping things together and leveraging different perspectives, because that makes our products better. Our Birds are empowered with freedom and opportunity; in return, we expect honesty, courage, and agility. We own our work, and sometimes we fail. And then we get back up and cross the finish line — together as a team. Sound refreshing? We think so, too.
You will be a key part of a new reliability team, working closely with the wider team to design and implement highly available and scalable solutions, whilst ensuring sufficient monitoring and alerting solutions are implemented and maintained. Your clients are not only our customers, but also the engineers working for MessageBird.
Together with your team, you are responsible for defining and establishing SLO’s, to ensure latency is on the level where we want it.
We are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) who has knowledge and experience in cloud environments, working with a high load. You love to build and operate solutions that drive crucial functionalities. You're passionate, collaborative, a good mentor and self-motivated. You enjoy solving challenges and working on complex problems.
- Build tools to increase the flexibility and scalability of the platform
- Ensure appropriate availability, reliability and scalability of applications and services - for both internal and external stakeholders
- Responsible for improving the reliability and performance of our products through root-cause analysis and reviewing gaps in designs and implementations of our infrastructure
- Optimize workflows through automation
- Identifying and establishing SLO’s
- Engaging in knowledge transfer across the engineering team
- Advise on engineering standards, procedures, methods, tools and techniques
- 1+ years of experience as an SRE Engineer
- 3+ years of experience in at least one programming language (Java / Go / PHP / C# / C++ / NodeJS)
- Extensive Linux experience
- Prior experience of designing, deploying, and scaling production environments for consumer (both internally as externally) and enterprise facing products
- Experience with establishing SLO’s
- Experience with running & deploying applications on Kubernetes
- Knowledge of cloud performance (Google and AWS)
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure principles (load balancing, high availability, server-based and serverless architecture, database configurations
- Top-notch work equipment (including Bose headphones!)
- MessageBird swag to keep you well-dressed
- WFH office set-up allowance to make sure you have all you need to “get shit done” in an ergonomically-friendly way
- The occasional (virtual) company-wide and team events
- A team of (fast-)forward-thinking, talented and fun colleagues from more than 50 countries!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: EMEA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈