Site Reliability Engineer
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Some overlap with EST
Category: Software Development
Smart contracts are on track to revolutionize how all agreements work, through an entirely new system of technologically enforced contract guarantees. Chainlink enables next-generation smart contracts that can be written about any/all events in the real world, the details of our approach can be found in our whitepaper. We are well recognized for providing highly secure and reliable blockchain connectivity to the world's largest enterprises such as Google, Oracle, SWIFT, and many more. This is a unique opportunity to join one of the top companies developing cutting-edge blockchain technology while working closely together with a team of experienced senior developers.
About this Role
As a site reliability engineer, you’ll work directly with the company’s CTO, CEO and a technical team of other senior engineers. You’ll develop and build highly scalable, secure, and reliable software that will change the way smart contracts function at a fundamental level. You’ll have the opportunity to learn and master the latest research concerning cryptography, blockchains, game theory, consensus algorithms, and decentralized applications. We live by an open-source ethos and believe in giving back to the community. You'll join us in enabling the future architecture of Chainlink, including the following:
- Work directly with AWS in a expert capacity using Terraform
- Maintain reliable application and network infrastructure focusing on time to recovery, monitoring, reduced downtime during upgrades, and disaster recovery
- Apply the 12 factor app methodology to blockchain infrastructure appropriately.
- Use data to understand the availability, reliability, and sustainability of our service
- Build tools and systems for a great developer user experience
5+ years of professional software development
- B.S. or higher in computer science or a similarly technical field
- Experience with test driven development and the use of testing frameworks
- Knowledge of system design concepts
- Experience with distributed systems and/or container orchestration
- Strong communication skills, specifically giving/receiving constructive feedback in a collaborative setting
- Excitement about building, operating and maintaining resilient, scalable services
- Demonstrated understanding of container networking and security
- Comfort working with network protocols, proxies and load balancers
- Experience building highly available services at scale
- Professional experience with Golang, TypeScript, Solidity, Rust
- Experience with distributed systems
- Ability to optimize and refactor for scaling and/or testability
- Experience defining security strategies and securing high value systems
- Excitement for blockchain, Web 3.0, and similar decentralized technologies
- Comfort with pair programming
- Comfort working remotely in a distributed team
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Passion for open source
This role is location agnostic anywhere in the world. Though we ask that you overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST).
*Chainlink is an Equal Opportunity Employer.*
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!