(Senior) Web Engineer
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Software Development
- Writing high-quality code to build new features and address issues with existing projects.
- Reviewing pull requests, providing feedback, and pairing with other engineers on difficult problems.
- Contributing to the technical design process, and building documentation of decisions to guide future contributors.
- Ensuring code is tested and meets team code quality standards.
- Coaching and mentoring other engineers, helping to improve both their code and their skills
- Participating in the engineering recruiting and hiring process
- 3+ years experience writing production code in a professional, team-oriented environment.
- Deep experience with at least one web application framework, either frontend (e.g. React, Angular, or Vue) or full-stack (e.g. Rails, Django, Drupal).
- A nuanced point-of-view on agile process, and a pragmatic approach for including new tools and processes.
- The skill, empathy, and desire to build with other engineers collaboratively through code reviews, joint design, and mentorship
- Proven ability to effectively collaborate with design and product teams
- Comfort working in public repositories, and commitment to a working style that encourages outside contributors.
- Demeanor to thrive in a high-change environment, where multiple simultaneous projects is the norm
- Discipline to be effective on a team with lots of personal flexibility, but high expectations.
- Broad experience across a variety of tech stacks, environments, and application types, and a demonstrated ability to pick up new components and methods quickly.
- DevOps expertise with one or more cloud platforms (e.g. Heroku, AWS, GCP, Azure)
- History of delivering systems that scale well, and ability to design, implement, debug, and optimize complex distributed systems.
- Leadership in an open-source project or community
- Contributions to improve the engineering teams you were a member of, both as engineers and as teams.
- Knowledge of technical trends, emerging techniques, and sources for ongoing innovation in our work.
- Your experience in client-facing environments, working to understand requirements and collaborate on solutions
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈