(Senior) Support Engineer
2 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Australia Only
Category: Software Development
Infrastructure and construction sectors are booming and key to global economic recovery. At Assignar, we help the companies perform the incredible amount of construction work that is required for these initiatives by providing a SaaS platform for the planning and optimisation of their operations. Assignar's data-driven technology makes our customers' construction work more efficient and more profitable. If you share our passion for building things and also like to explain how stuff works, you should definitely consider joining our fully remote team!
We are excited to fill our first Senior Support Engineer position. It is a high impact and rewarding role. We are looking for a highly proficient engineer who resolves all types of issues and enables the team to deliver the best end-to-end customer experience. You will help us identify operational trends and work with cross-functional teams to drive product improvements and support key initiatives. You are the go-to person for any product technical challenges raised by internal and external non-technical stakeholders. This is a remote position.
- Dive-deep into code, develop automated solutions and toolings to better support our customers and services. You will become intimately familiar with the architecture of our systems, our APIs and integrations
- Work closely with the customer success, QA and product development teams to identify support and operational needs
- Own our support triage process and tooling, ensuring that issues meet our definition of ready, prioritisation and that we close the loop when issues are fixed
- Technical support documentation (FAQ, guides). Help customers help themselves
- Develop and use tools to help avoid repetitive tasks
- Communicate with our customers to provide quality, timely and effective support
- Effectively collaborate in a fast paced environment with multiple functions (Software Engineers, QA, Product, Customer Success)
- invest in your learning and consistently attain new skills and knowledge - building up those around you
- Advanced knowledge and use of REST APIs. GraphQL is a plus
- Have strong programming skills allowing you to debug complex problems.
- Are comfortable in one or more modern programming languages. TypeScript and Python, will give you a headstart, but your openness to upskilling and cross-skilling is what will get you across the line. You will be exposed to our full stack (front end, backend services, APIs and mobile). Our stack is TypeScript, React, Serverless Node, GraphQL, Python and Django - all continuously deployed to fully automated AWS infrastructure
- Have a general understanding of software development models (Agile, Waterfall) and methodologies (DevOps, Scrum, etc)
- Are excellent at explaining complex issues in a simple manner
- Proven ability to de-escalate challenging scenarios with customers leveraging your problem solving skills and technical expertise
- Are a continuous learner who loves to work with leading edge technologies, welcoming change and enjoys working in a dynamic environment
- Excellent communication skills (spoken and written) in English, possessing the capability to support customers over email, phone, or screen-shares
- Exhibit strong team oriented interpersonal skills with the ability to operate with a wide variety of people and roles. Proven record to guide peers in growing their technical competency
- Have experience setting up, maintaining support service solutions (eg. Zendesk) and integrating it with other tools
- Are based in Australia and have full working rights. This is a fully remote position. Most of our team is based in Sydney and we might find it handy to have you come here for some part of your onboarding. If you are not based in Sydney, we will cover your travel.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Australia Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈