(Senior) Software Engineer, Web
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Software Development
As a software developer at Grio you’ll be focused on creating web applications using a variety of technologies.
Grio looks for our engineers to be both very creative and highly technical. You will be asked to tackle various coding obstacles and make smart decisions, including weighing the pros and cons of different approaches. A typical project lasts 2-4 months, and there will be plenty of opportunity to move around, intermingle on various project/product teams and hone your skills.
You should have an advanced ability to conceptualize, design and build product features. You will need to be able to take a feature and traverse the entire stack to build the pieces you will need to deliver a high-quality implementation.
Successful candidates keep up-to-date with best practices and have a familiarity with leading-edge industry developments. A successful candidate will use this deep expertise to provide technical leadership to small and large teams. Must demonstrate mastery of at least one one front-end framework and one backend framework.
Our very best engineers are great communicators with the mental agility to both discuss the big picture and dive into the smallest details. We will expect you to articulate key technical concepts to audiences as diverse as business leaders & clients with little technical know-how, project leads, peers, and junior developers.
Grio wants to hire great people. We will do so in a manner fair to all candidates that is without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, or veteran status. Grio complies with Federal, state and local EEO non-discrimination hiring practices.
- 4+ years of experience building web applications
- Experience building and styling front-end user interfaces
- Experience building backend apis
- Bachelor's Degree in CS/ Engineering or equivalent experience in the field
- Experience writing clean, maintainable and standards compliant code
- Exceptional analytical aptitude and attention to detail
- Extensive knowledge of design patterns, algorithms and data structures
- Understanding of server-side languages and frameworks such as Elixir, Ruby on Rails, and Node.js.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS3, SASS, Webpack, Responsive design
- Experience with Graphql
- Experience with building mobile applications using native, Flutter, and/or React Native
- Experience with Test-driven development
- Experience with devops
We are open to both individual contracting and full time employment opportunities for the right candidate. You won't regret it - it's a positive, fun environment with plenty of humor.
Compensation includes profit sharing bonuses paid twice per year, an unusually nice 401k match, paid health/dental/LTD insurance (Grio also pays 50% coverage for spouse and dependents), open vacation policy and a type B boss.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈