Senior Software Engineer, Dashboard
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Western Hemisphere
Category: Software Development
Webflow is a visual web development platform that empowers non-coders to create incredible experiences for the web.
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help us build the next generation web publishing platform. You'll work on our CMS, use powerful technology like GraphQL, Mongo DB, node.js, and OpenResty on our robust AWS infrastructure. You’ll be part of a team that builds thrilling user experiences with the latest web technologies: React, Flux architecture, CSS-in-JS, ES2015+, Cypress.io, Jest and Flow.
- Location: San Francisco HQ or remote (anywhere in Western Hemisphere)
As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll:
- Write performant UI components (React) that delight users and amplify their abilities as creative problem solvers (check out CSS Grid, E-commerce, Interactions, and more!)
- Collaborate with the team to improve our internal development process
- Write scalable services in node.js and AWS Lambda
- Architect and build scalable infrastructure using Terraform, Kubernetes (EKS), and Docker
- Contribute features (product and your own) to our codebase
- Refactor existing components and code paths into clearer, standardized, documented, and testable API-driven boundaries
- Work on a highly technical platform that empowers hundreds of thousands of people, and serves millions of page views an hour
- Build and maintain unit and integration tests (Jest and Cypress)
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplined team to guide both what and how we ship new features
That being said, these role responsibilities are just the start! At Webflow, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role accordingly.
And this isn’t just a philosophical bent: we actually give you 4 hours a week (10% of the work week) to tackle passion projects directly related to Webflow.
You’ll thrive as a Senior Software Engineer if you:
- Have built and worked on complex web applications
- Are comfortable with ambiguity and scoping solutions with your teammates
- Are comfortable providing caring and constructive feedback to others
- Get excited about encouraging and developing entry-level engineers
- Possess a customer-centric mindset
However, even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that meeting just 50% of a role’s requirements puts you in the running.
At Webflow, we believe that our success will not only be defined by what we do — but by how and why we do it. So, here is the Webflow “why” and our “how”:
Our dual missions — one for the world, one for us
- For the world: To empower everyone to create for the web and spark an unprecedented wave of digital innovation.
- For ourselves: Lead fulfilling, impactful lives.
Our core behaviors (how we act)
- Start with customers
- Practice extraordinary kindness
- Be radically candid
- Move uncomfortably fast
- Just fix it
- Lead by serving others
- Dream big
Our commitments to you
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits and a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses
- We’ll pay you to take a vacation … seriously. We’ll give you a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation with us that is more than 5 days
- We offer flexible parental leave for moms and dads
- We provide remote employees with the equipment they need to create a great remote work environment
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful Sr. Software Engineer and a healthy human being
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for empowering the world, we’d love to hear from you!
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!