Senior Software Engineer, Control
3 weeks ago
Voyage is delivering on the promise of self-driving cars.
Voyage has built the technology and services to bring autonomous transportation to those who need it most, beginning in retirement communities. Whether residents face mobility restrictions or just want to take a ride, Voyage takes pride in getting all our passengers to their destination safely, efficiently, and affordably. Our journey begins in calmer communities, but we won't stop until anyone, anywhere can summon a Voyage.
The Voyage Controls Team focuses on ensuring that our vehicles comply with the motion plans that come from our Behavior Planner while ensuring that the passengers are enjoying a safe and comfortable ride. You will work in challenging problems such as ensuring stable and comfortable trajectories using Model Predictive Control and accounting for the differences between the actual platform and the ideal models that are used for motion planning.
As part of the broader Autonomy Team, you will also interact on a daily basis with other software engineers to tackle highly advanced AI challenges. All Autonomy Team members will work on a variety of problems across the autonomy space, contributing to the final goal of building the most advanced autonomous driving technology available for communities around the world.
- Design state of the art trajectory tracking algorithms capable of driving our vehicles in a safe, comfortable and predictable fashion
- Architect and implement those algorithms into high-performance production-level code, compliant with the operational and computational constraints of our vehicles
- Dive into data to understand existing issues, identify potential improvements, and propose automated parameter tuning solutions based on the data
- Work closely with developers from motion planning, infrastructure, localization, and behavior planning teams to debug, fine-tune, and deploy production systems
- 5+ years of experience in control systems analysis and design, with real-world experience with PID and model predictive controllers
- You have a deep understanding of longitudinal and lateral motion control algorithms within the context of intelligent and autonomous driving applications
- Ideally, you also have familiarity with state estimation techniques, trajectory planning algorithms, and drive-by-wire systems
- Experience in writing robust, safety-critical, and efficient code in C++
- Experience with software system architecture design
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click
to report dead link!