(Senior) Software Engineer
4 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Software Development
Founded in 2018 in San Francisco, CA, wisp provides a better way to treat & deal with painfully common issues by providing affordable medication & support - on your time. Nobody knows your body better than you, and with the wisp medical team by your side you can take control of your health and decide when and where to share your story.
We are an early stage team, and are looking for initial hires who are passionate about results, eager to build something amazing, and are excited to have high levels of ownership, accountability, and tenacity to become experts in their domain.
You will work with other developers and move fast to identify and implement technical solutions for cross-functional problems. This is a rare opportunity to impact a fast-growing, high-potential startup. You will contribute to building and optimizing our full platform -- including our online storefront, patient dashboards, doctor telehealth systems, and backend operations. You will have visibility into wisp's Product, Analytics, Operations, Business Development & Finances.
Stack: Mainly a python flask app + standalone react frontend
Years: targeting 7+ years experience, but can be flexible, specifically we are looking for:
- high quality engineers who can get up to speed quickly,
- have a strong architectural mind and are able to unravel a complex codebase, perhaps identify where we can rebuild to improve the systems
- think in a very structured / process oriented way and are able to build new features and models that will last through significant business scaling
- Bonus points for experience with frontend/backend storefronts e.g. Shopify, Contentful
- Can understand business needs and have a slight bent towards a product mindset
- Direct impact on improving women's access to healthcare across the US
- Competitive compensation + equity participation + benefits
- Remote-first working (7 employees spread across 6 cities today)
- Flexible vacation and company holidays
- Collaborative, fast-paced team environment that offers ownership and autonomy working directly alongside CEO and company execs
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈