(Senior) Software Engineer
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: UK Only
Category: Software Development
At MarketFinance, we celebrate ambitious business leaders. They bring strength to our economy and are building the world we all want to live in. MarketFinance is one of the UK's leading Fintechs and we use smart technology, backed by help from great people, to deliver flexible business finance solutions, directly and quickly. Our online platform and proprietary risk models enable us to provide business loans and advance cash against outstanding invoices, in the form of working capital funding, so that businesses can get on with growing - instead of having to worry about cash flow. We believe in the endless possibilities that arise when entrepreneurs have more time to focus on what they love.
Our values matter and as part of the team, they’ll be yours too.
#MakeItHappen | #1Team1Dream | #AlwaysBeLearning
This is a remote position, we support you being fully remote, with optional access to a great office in the heart of Shoreditch if you prefer the hustle and bustle of a London office!
We strongly believe that by putting smart people from different backgrounds together we’re able to help our customers in ways that others can’t. We value diversity and recognise it as a strength; to support this we organise ourselves into cross-functional teams, this means that we empower you to learn new skills, drive innovation and redefine your role to suit your passion and focus. For example, we have had engineers discover that their passion is in data, and we have supported them in becoming data engineers. We have a strong DevOps culture too and believe CI/CD and testing are the only ways to innovate at scale; deployments should take minutes, not hours!
You’ll be working on our core platform allowing small businesses to access funding seamlessly through fantastic UX and automation of complex processing such as risk analysis and payment processing.
Our core platform is built in .NET, C# WebAPI and ReactJS. Our technology stack is always evolving with us, as such, we are now developing new services serverless first, and we have plans to upgrade and uplift our older services to support our platform scaling.
- Hard skills
- 4+ years of experience working with C#
- 3+ years experience with React (+ at least a working knowledge of Redux)
- Principal designer of at least two mission-critical complex (multi-tier) systems (2+ years design-led experience)
- Unit / Integration / Acceptance / Regression testing experience
- 2+ years working with Azure
- Soft skills
- Has previous evidence of high-impact knowledge sharing (e.g. workshops/webinars) Sees future as an IC
- Champions technical excellence
- Clear communicator
- High level of autonomy
At MarketFinance, the opportunity for growth is as big as your ambition. Things move quickly in FinTech and that’s all part of the adventure. Our benefits include:
- Working with a remote-first team with optional access to an office in the heart of Shoreditch
- Competitive salary and best-in-class share options scheme
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days annual leave, plus your birthday off
- 20% time (improve the business how you want to)
- Mentoring from industry leaders and the opportunity to make an impact at one of Europe’s foremost Fintechs
- Private health coverage and half-price Virgin Active gym membership
- Enhanced maternity leave
- Amazon Kindle and unlimited e-books
- Training budget (inc. subscriptions to Learnerbly and Pluralsight)
- We will bring you to the office once every quarter to socialise with your team
From start to finish our hiring process takes between one to two weeks and consists of the following stages:
- Online programming test
- Pair programming exercise
- Architecture review
- Ask us anything
- Values alignment
If you’re ready to help UK businesses build the future APPLY NOW!
We will use your data to process your application, to allow us to assess your suitability for a role and improve our sites. We may share your data with third parties to achieve these purposes. We will not share your data for marketing purposes.
We will keep your data safe in accordance with data protection legislation.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: UK Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈