(Senior) Software Engineer
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Software Development
Clade is a fast-growing, fintech company on a mission to bring efficiency and connectivity to the global alternative investment industry. Our platform links the world's most sophisticated investors. These networked connections amplify our clients' abilities to manage their investment process across teams and organizations.
While we empower the investment community, we are a tech company at heart. That means that our culture is highly entrepreneurial, requiring a high level of energy, creativity, and commitment. As a team, we are focused on scaling a best-in-class platform around the central belief that investing should be fun and collaborative, not tedious and solitary.
Clade was incubated inside of Credit Suisse, and launched in partnership with some of the world's top family offices.
Up for the challenge to build something big?
About the role
As a senior full stack software engineer on the product team at Clade, you will develop the services and interfaces that power our platform and experiences for investors and fund managers. You will work on our frontend interfaces (React, Tailwind, Apollo GraphQL and TypeScript) and also contribute to our back end systems (Node.js, PostgreSQL with Prisma and some Sequelize). The position is challenging and stimulating, and you will be joining at an exciting time as we are hard at work on the next iteration of our investment platform. Don't worry if the criteria below does not describe you perfectly. We are a small, remote-friendly organization looking for someone who can work well with the team and is excited by our mission, technology and overall direction.
What you'll do
- Work with product owners, designers and other engineers to understand our problem space and create elegant solutions
- Oversee the entirety of your features, including component design, implementation, automated testing, and launch
- Translate functional requirements into detailed architecture and design
- Develop delightful user interfaces to help our users achieve their goals
- Design APIs and data models to work within microservice and event-driven architectures
- Participate in reviews of designs, architecture and code
- Develop all software according to coding standards and processes, which you also help define
We're looking for someone who...
- Is comfortable delivering on large, complex tasks with multiple components
- Can research and provide detailed guidance on areas of ambiguity
- Has great design intuition, user empathy, and attention to detail
- Cares deeply about quality and best practices
- Has a proven track record in building and maintaining complex distributed applications
- Writes performant, fault tolerant and secure code
- Can demonstrate understanding at an architectural level of large systems in which you played a key role
- Has shipped software over multiple releases as a technical lead in a strong team
- Communicates clearly and effectively with technical and non-technical audiences
- At least 5 years of professional software development experience
- Relevant work experience with TypeScript, GraphQL and Apollo
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and relational database design, including experience with Prisma and/or Sequelize
- Experience designing, building and maintaining GraphQL APIs
- Comfortable working within a design system and a component library
- Familiarity with microservices and distributed systems
- Experience with continuous delivery, including building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines with services such as CircleCI or GitHub Actions
- Experience with Git and GitHub workflows
- Experience with Hasura, Netlify, Auth0, AWS, and other managed services
- Experience working with “utility-first” CSS frameworks such as Tailwind
- Experience building and shipping iOS or Android apps with React Native, Swift, or Kotlin
- Previous startup experience as a software engineer
Our Non-Discriminiation Policy: People of color, women, and those who identify as LGBTQ are encouraged to apply. Clade does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. Our policies, as well as practices, seek to ensure that employment opportunities are available to all employees and applicants, based solely on job-related criteria.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈