Senior Software Engineer
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Anywhere
Category: Software Development
- Develop RESTful web services to support both internal and external clients
- Write reliable, maintainable, well-documented code that will scale to support millions of respondents
- Execute the full software development life cycle as part of an Agile team
- Collaborate with Product Managers to refine and modify requirements
- Following established design paradigms and design patterns
- Strong unit testing and integration testing practices
- Participate in the on-call rotation to monitor shipped features for success and issues
- Support the business teams and product managers in data extracts and data analysis
- Demonstrate proficiency in developing software for the user interface, business logic, data modeling and systems, and component integration
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science
- Competency in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Experience with high volume and high-performance web applications
- Highly proficient SQL and Database skills
- Ability to rapidly debug and solve problems in unfamiliar areas
- Experience in working in an agile environment with rapidly changing requirements and tight deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- 5+ years of hands-on software development experience in Python, Go/Golang, Node.js, or other modern web technologies
- Working knowledge of Git, GitHub, and version control best practices
- Familiarity with containerization technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Amazon Web Services specifically, or any cloud host
- Experience with microservice architecture and platforms and building RESTful APIs
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases and CDC processes
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field. They should also have experience using the following software/tools:
- Experience with data tools: Spark, Kinesis, etc.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres, MSSQL, Redis,
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Airflow, AWS Glue, Step functions, etc.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!