(Senior) Software Engineer
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: UK Only
Category: Software Development
Some of your responsibilities will be:
We make extensive use of continuous integration and deployment methodologies based on tools such as Salt, Jenkins/Buildbot, pytest, C++ Catch and homegrown automated system test frameworks, with an emphasis on high quality, well tested code and a quick turn around time for adding new features to our products. This makes for a fast paced and satisfying work environment with direct feedback from our customer base into the development process.
Aspects of the role include:
- Analysis of requirements and invention of the best solution.
- Taking responsibility for an area of functionality and delivering it.
- Contributing to top-level discussions on architecture and future features.
- Development of your own ideas.
Our teams are highly technical and we all share a common enthusiasm for solving difficult problems with a wide range of technologies, from cutting-edge to well-established.
- We like to see bright people who can demonstrate a clear passion for technology.
- Knowledge and experience in at least one of the following areas – advanced object orientated design in C++ or Python, development in a Linux environment, a detailed understanding of database technologies such as SQL, Elastic Search or Cassandra, TCP/IP networking, high performance real time systems, Linux kernel development.
- We like to see people who can bring ideas to the table. This is closely aligned to the passion we look for, we hope you get a buzz from our products and will be passionate about helping us evolve.
- Implementing or using REST APIs, eCommerce systems for subscriptions and billing
Founded in 2008, StarLeaf enables seamless collaboration through intelligently engineered, reliable meeting room systems, superior video conferencing, and secure messaging.
We have been recognised as a Visionary in the Gartner 2019 Magic Quadrant for Meeting Solutions and as one of the fastest-growing tech companies in the UK by The Sunday Times Hiscox Tech Track 100.
Our culture is built on collaboration, inclusion, creativity and support. This permeates everything we do, across all our teams and operations. We believe everyone at StarLeaf has a part to play in our success and that everyone should be rewarded for their contribution. This is why every single permanent StarLeaf employee becomes a shareholder through the company’s share option scheme.
- Competitive Salary.
- Salary review annually.
- EMI share option scheme.
- Private medical insurance and long-term sickness/disability insurance.
- Life insurance of four times salary.
- Assistance with relocation expenses if applicable.
- 25 days annual holiday plus bank holidays.
- The opportunity to join a friendly, motivated group of people who are all very excited about the StarLeaf journey.
As a member of our rapidly growing company, you will be presented with exciting opportunities to progress your career. You will make a real difference to the service we provide our customers today and be crucial to how they and the company evolve. Best of all you will be joining an exciting technology company that is on the cusp of great success.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: UK Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈